Originally Posted by Donaldus
Well in your recipe you are missing some specials and not enough text buffers
## This buffer is used for text, single lines, output from $exec, and other variables.
## Increasing the text buffer size (too high) will drastically reduce Conky's performance.
## Decreasing the size (too low) will truncate content and cause strange display output.
## Standard text buffer size is 256 bytes (cannot be less). Adjust YOUR buffer wisely!
please increase that number to say 3096 and see if things show up - you need to play with this value till figures and images show up and then add some more for good measure.
See the code dump Vin had made - your template is also showing it's age as the new template is different.
have a look at the stuff there - the buffers are 4352 [ Vin has a fetish for precision which is why his hard work looks sooo good]
also you have to add max_specials
Frankly I just test the code with conkywx - I stay away from lua - maybe someday i will use it but I prefer the kiss principle - Now do not go asking me what kiss means in Hungarian - see the link and you SHALL keel over ha ha ha
## Maximum number of special things, e.g. fonts, offsets, aligns, etc. (default is 512)
## Tips n' Tricks from: sparker256 (Thanks, Bill!)
Edit: I also noticed if I increased the update_interval 2.0 to 3.0 the cpu cycles used by conky really falls