Page 73 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Exactly!

In the Peppermint example (above) I stole the logo from their website, but...

BTW, the screenie above is Conkywx on Gnome 3.7.2 with pseudo-transparency...

btw wunderground has wrong moon phase - it should be waning not waxing

Edit: Well - for a few hours the moon was waxing on WU and finally came around back to Full moon lol - and during that time the conkywx moon looked weird doing a back step... I wunder lol wonder if they are following this thread - shortly after I made this comment - it got fixed hmmmm
    Last edited by paramvir; November 29th, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    I wunder lol wonder if they are following this thread - shortly after I made this comment - it got fixed hmmmm
    I wonder why wunder wandered? LoL!
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

Thanks for the pointers guys. Here's what I came up with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wink Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by AK44 View Post
    Thanks for the pointers guys. Here's what I came up with.
    hey that is kewl Nice =D>

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I got something wrong going on here... am referring only to the HDD data and forget the graphs for as minute as I think they are correct.

The data is showing my '/' and 'home' are the same size which should not be correct, right?

I have a single HDD with 2 partitions. The file system lives on the first (smaller) partition and I use the second partition as a data drive.

Here's my conkyrc code. Can anyone spot what's giving me incorrect data?
    Code:
    ${voffset 15}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}HDD${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 7}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 4}ROOT${goto 95}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${fs_used /}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%${font}
    ${voffset 16}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 4}HOME${goto 95}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${fs_used /home}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%${font}
    ${voffset 16}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}4${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 4}DATA${goto 95}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${fs_used /media/Data}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/Data}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /media/Data}%${font}

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Ooh, nice one!

I'm gonna look into that...
    Got this one now running like a sewing machine - smooth as (wify is about to call a solicitor.... )

Found a Rapid Fire station just 5km down the road, so could not be much closer unless I buy and install my own weather station in the backyard.

In my .conkyrc changed (execpi) update time to 60 (seconds). Then in conkywx.conf set minimum_fetch_time=30

Now I am right on top of things, almost live updated conditions. It will be interesting to watch when the wet and stormy season starts here in this neck of the woods....

Guys, you are champions! Thanks a zillion for posting your stuff in this thread =D>

Cheers / Frank
    Do You Ubuntu? I Do!
    The Network is Alive and Well

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PJs Ronin View Post
    I got something wrong going on here... am referring only to the HDD data and forget the graphs for as minute as I think they are correct.

The data is showing my '/' and 'home' are the same size which should not be correct, right?

I have a single HDD with 2 partitions. The file system lives on the first (smaller) partition and I use the second partition as a data drive.

Nothing wrong with your conky setup.

Your root and home are in the same partition, therefore they are shown with equal values.

This is sort of off-topic, but you should have had 3 partitions during installation: one for root, one for home and one for data.
    Do You Ubuntu? I Do!

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius18 View Post
    Got this one now running like a sewing machine - smooth as (wify is about to call a solicitor.... )

Found a Rapid Fire station just 5km down the road, so could not be much closer unless I buy and install my own weather station in the backyard.

In my .conkyrc changed (execpi) update time to 60 (seconds). Then in conkywx.conf set minimum_fetch_time=30

Now I am right on top of things, almost live updated conditions. It will be interesting to watch when the wet and stormy season starts here in this neck of the woods....

Guys, you are champions! Thanks a zillion for posting your stuff in this thread =D>

Cheers / Frank
    Hey don't do that !!!

Please be reasonable - you will be making way too many calls to the website - one a minute - which in 8 hours will amount to 480 calls.

Normally 1 call every 30 minutes is enough but I had set 15 minutes for a reason.

It costs wunderground and if you are going to hog the bandwidth then we all will suffer.

Trust you have my understanding.

Edit: and not to mention the load on your system
    Last edited by paramvir; November 30th, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    Hey don't do that !!!

Please be reasonable - you will be making way too many calls to the website - one a minute - which in 8 hours will amount to 480 calls.

Normally 1 call every 30 minutes is enough but I had set 15 minutes for a reason.

It costs wunderground and if you are going to hog the bandwidth then we all will suffer.

Trust you have my understanding.

Edit: and not to mention the load on your system
    - got that! Thanks paramvir! Didn't think about that and don't want to cause any probs for anyone else.

Back to basic config now (900 and 870).
    Do You Ubuntu? I Do!

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius18 View Post
    - got that! Thanks paramvir! Didn't think about that and don't want to cause any probs for anyone else.

Back to basic config now (900 and 870).
    Thanks

In fact I reduced my updates to 1800 though have kept the 870 as is - the pop ups kept poping up - I like them - sort of midway point. Weather does not change that fast - yes if you lived in Melbourne - you get 4 seasons in a day
    Last edited by paramvir; November 30th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Page 73 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast