Page 7 of 287 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I'm thinking about putting the "Location" back into the Weather Script.

I removed it recently ( v0.9.4 ) because I judged that ppl know where they live. LoL!
    What about laptop use? ConkyLatLong works and only needs update once per day unless user travels a lot.

Code:
    ${goto 10}Lat/Lon: ${execi 86400 conkyLatLong}

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

She's getting there...

(Click image to expand)

Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just did a complete data dump (1-Dec-2011)...

Everything is in one spot now: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...2#post10880292
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

Howto updated with redirect for weather. If anyone really needs to know how to do weather, it's best they get it from the source.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post

Baby steps. Baby steps.
    Greetings I am New to the entire Ubuntu and conky... i was wondering Vin if you would please make copy the conky text and send it to me ? I will paste it in to the conky code window.
    i would appriciate it BIGTIME

And is there any thing else i should install or something before i make this conky work propperly ?

As soon as i get this to work ill post a screen shot

Regards Six

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by $ixtus View Post
    Greetings I am New to the entire Ubuntu and conky... i was wondering Vin if you would please make copy the conky text and send it to me ? I will paste it in to the conky code window.
    i would appriciate it BIGTIME

And is there any thing else i should install or something before i make this conky work propperly ?

As soon as i get this to work ill post a screen shot

Regards Six
    Read the first post of this thread. It has all of the instructions you need, and the code itself. Three posts below it, there is the latest data dump, with the code for all of the scripts laid out for you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Read the first post of this thread. It has all of the instructions you need, and the code itself. Three posts below it, there is the latest data dump, with the code for all of the scripts laid out for you.
    I tryed but it didnt look anything like Vin's , first of all it didnt show everything and secc of all , two fonts where too large in random place. V and Y one .

But i maybe added more than neccesarry code ?

So the 3rd post below the first post is the latest code i should copy ?

regards Six

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by $ixtus View Post
    I tryed but it didnt look anything like Vin's , first of all it didnt show everything and secc of all , two fonts where too large in random place. V and Y one .

But i maybe added more than neccesarry code ?

So the 3rd post below the first post is the latest code i should copy ?

regards Six
    You didn't read the whole thing then. You skimmed. All of what you just said was explained in the text. There are several times it says why these things don't "Look The Same" for you. Read the text. Don't skim. Copying the code again won't change things. You need to understand what you're doing. I explained everything in the Howto section. Just because you had to take some extra time to read it, doesn't mean it doesn't have your answer in it.

Go back and read it again. Read it, don't skim through it hoping for a red flag that says "Hey, $ixtus, this is your answer!" Because that won't be there. Read it and learn how everything works. All of the tips and tricks needed to get it running for you are there. From what you need beforehand to how everything goes in. I made sure it was there when I wrote it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    You didn't read the whole thing then. You skimmed. All of what you just said was explained in the text. There are several times it says why these things don't "Look The Same" for you. Read the text. Don't skim. Copying the code again won't change things. You need to understand what you're doing. I explained everything in the Howto section. Just because you had to take some extra time to read it, doesn't mean it doesn't have your answer in it.

Go back and read it again. Read it, don't skim through it hoping for a red flag that says "Hey, $ixtus, this is your answer!" Because that won't be there. Read it and learn how everything works. All of the tips and tricks needed to get it running for you are there. From what you need beforehand to how everything goes in. I made sure it was there when I wrote it.
    thankyou

ill take the time to read all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Red face Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Wow. There is some serious work involved in getting this thing up and running I see. I don't think I want it anymore . . .

Its too bad it doesn't all come neatly wrapped up in a single package that I could get installed with a single click. That would be awesome. But still, it does look really cool.
    He's watching you . . .
    WARNING: You are in the presence of a n00b. Stupid questions can and will be asked.
    "Better the pain of hard work than the pain of regret."

Page 7 of 287 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast