Page 45 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

You could use the search function in gedit to locate the typo! but check both your .conkyrc and the template but i bet it's in the .conkyrc!

did you see my last comments in the post before this one ? lol

Sean

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

I would say that it's at the bottom of your template! take a look.

Talking Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by Jedcurtis View Post
    Ok, a little further along. Found a conkywx in /usr/bin. Edited it and this is where I am. In the directions I read for the Stand-alone, it supposedly was installed to /home. What gives? I'm lost. Been working on this all night! Conky addiction is awful. I didn't have this much trouble with the arlance weather script!
    If you are using Ubuntu - you should be using the .deb version not the stand alone - stand alone version is basically for people not using the rpm, Arch linux or deb package management.

By using stand alone your package manager has no clue about the install.

deb package installs all the required files in the required locations so you can be up and running by just using /usr/share/conkywx/conky-restart.sh - and if you are using Gnome 3 then own_window_type normal has to be set - default in my templates is override

Actually you have a bit of a mess - you say you also found conkywx in /usr/bin/ location which means you have installed the deb also.

I would suggest you uninstall the deb package and remove the home stuff.

Then install the deb package again and follow @foodoo aka Sean my Bier buddy - excellent vinDSL install guide.

A few points to remember:

• Reading the manual eases many pains and aches it is at the wiki and you can also read man conkywx which has the link to the wiki
    • The conkywx.conf is very well documented - if you still have questions see the wiki and you can ask me as well.
    • The config file conkywx.conf is by default installed at /etc/conkywx directory - but with 0.7.5 you can also have a copy at /home/username/.config/conkywx - if you use it in this location - it becomes default config file.
    • Once you have installed the conkywx you will only need to give the command conkywx -c path to your conf [if it is named something else and it is not installed in the default locations] -t path to your template file
    • The config file is independent of vinDSL template - so you should probably have a copy in the ~/.config/conkywx location.

Let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by paramvir; October 1st, 2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Typo

Beans
    Hidden!

Here's the template... Cut and pasted from post #404.

Code:
    ${voffset 0}${goto 14}${font Weather:size=44}${color6}y${font}
    ${voffset -58}${font RadioSpace:size=33}${color6}${alignc 63}[PT]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${alignc 25}${font}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.4}${color5}Feels${offset 3}like${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[FL]${offset 3}${color5}/${offset 3}${color6}[FCTT]${font}
    ${voffset -40}${goto 225}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.75}${color6}[D1T]${font}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 219}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.3}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[D1P]${font}
    ${voffset -45}${goto 210}${font KRARound:size=41.5}${color8}I${font}
    ${voffset 6}${font Ubuntu:size=22.75}${color5}${alignc}[CT]${font}
    ${voffset 7}${alignc 6}${font}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color5}Sunrise${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SR]${offset 6}${color5}Sunset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SS]${font}
    ${voffset 8}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Humidity ${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[HM]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Barometer${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[BR]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Bar${offset 3}Trend:${offset 2}${color6}[FCTP]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonrise ${offset 1}:${color6}[MR]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonset${offset 1}:${color6}[MS]${font}

${voffset -71}${goto 16}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=41.6}${color6}[BF]${font}${voffset -36}${goto 220}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color6}[MIF]${font}${voffset -36}${goto 220}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color8}${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 22}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.45}${color3}[WS] ${voffset -1}${goto 230}[MP]${font}
    ${voffset 8}${goto 45}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color5}[D2D]${goto 100}[D3D]${goto 154}[D4D]${goto 202}[D5D]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 48}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${color6}[D2F]${goto 100}[D3F]${goto 157}[D4F]${goto 215}[D5F]${font}
    ${voffset 1}${goto 45}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color3}[D2T]${goto 115}[D3T]${goto 124}[D4T]${goto 190}[D5T]${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 24}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D2P]${goto 84}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D3P]${goto 144}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D4P]${goto 190}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D5P]${font}

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Sir Winston Churchill upset some woman at a party once she said to him:
    "Sir if you were my husband i would poison your Tea!"
    and he replied
    "Madam if you were my wife, I would drink it!"
    wow

Beans
    Hidden!

Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh.

Now getting a goto needs arguments error and conky not showing up at all...

Jed

Need some of that German Bier!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Hey Paramvir my best bier buddy lol,

I am so laughing my socks off right now great comments from you!

I have a question for you, I've been playing with the "Blacklist" thingy in the conf file, I have set it to =1 and used this to change the moon statements:

use_pcondition_blacklist=1

pcondition_blacklist=("New:New Moon" "Full:Full Moon" "Waxing Crescent:Waxing" "First Quarter:First Qtr" "Waxing Gibbous:Waxing" "Waning Gibbous:Waning" "Last Quarter:Last Qtr" "Waning Crescent:Waning")

but it won't change "Full" to "Full Moon"
    am i doing wrong things again ?
    Last edited by foodoo; October 1st, 2012 at 01:33 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

How about this? Could someone post a 'working' conkywx.conf that is currently working for them? I can change the pertinent data to work for my sys.

Thanks,
    Jed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Try locating it in the .conkyrc i did a search for you in the text from your template but its ok

other than that start a fresh clean your computer from the conkywx stuff and then install from the .deb package just like Paramvir's post from a few mins ago!

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Hey Paramvir my best bier buddy lol,

I am so laughing my socks off right now great comments from you!

I have a question for you, I've been playing with the "Blacklist" thingy in the conf file, I have set it to =1 and used this to change the moon statements:

use_pcondition_blacklist=1

pcondition_blacklist=("New :New Moon" "Full:Full Moon" "Waxing Crescent:Waxing" "First Quarter:First Qtr" "Waxing Gibbous:Waxing" "Waning Gibbous:Waning" "Last Quarter:Last Qtr" "Waning Crescent:Waning")

but it won't change "Full" to "Full Moon"
    am i doing wrong things again ?
    Hey Sean

The reason for that is - it is working the Present Condition - like Haze, Sunny or Partly Cloudy and does not work on the moon phases...

Most of the time that I have noticed with wunderground - does not use First or Last Quarter often - it came up once and I integrated it into the code for working out the moon phase - since then I have not noticed it being used. May be I have not noticed it

You could use element MP1 - first part of the moon phase - only thing is Full Moon or New Moon will show as Full and New only - but it will give you the rest.

It is the after taste of the German Bier that is good - but wheat bier has a sweetish after taste

Page 45 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast