Page 42 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Hi Cvetan,

Now that looks good glad to see you got it going! sorry i left you for a while had to go out for the evening and drink some bier!

Sorry i should of told you about the text buffer size and max specials i will add this to the instructions post!

I made some changes in my template which doesn't look so good
    with your own settings.
    This is vindsl's template, you may find certain things sit better with with one:

##################################
    ## VinDSL | rev. 12-09-23 08:09 ##
    ## CONKYWX WEATHER TEMPLATE ##
    ${voffset 6}${goto 34}${font Weather:size=44}${color6}y${font}
    ${voffset -58}${font RadioSpace:size=33}${color6}${alignc}[PT]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${alignc 6}${font}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.4}${color5}Feels${of fset 3}like${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[FL]${offset 3}${color5}/${offset 3}${color6}[FCTT]${font}
    ${voffset -40}${goto 203}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.75}${color6}[D1T]${font}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 204}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.3}${color5}CoR${offs et 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[D1P]${font}
    ${voffset -45}${goto 188}${font KRARound:size=41.5}${color8}I${font}
    ${voffset 6}${font Ubuntu:size=22.75}${color5}${alignc}[CT]${font}
    ${voffset 7}${alignc 6}${font}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color5}Sunrise${of fset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SR]${offset 6}${color5}Sunset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SS]${font}
    ${voffset 8}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Humidity ${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[HM]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Baromete r${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[BR]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Bar${off set 3}Trend${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FCTP]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 84}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonrise ${offset 1}:${color6}[MR]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 85}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonset$ {offset 1}:${color6}[MS]${font}
    ${voffset -61}${goto 16}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=41.6}${color6}[BF]${font}${voffset -36}${goto 196}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color6}[MIF]${font}${voffset -36}${goto 198}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color8}8${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 22}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.45}${color3}[WS] mph${voffset -1}${goto 203}[MP]${font}
    ${voffset 8}${goto 25}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color5}[D2D]${goto 85}[D3D]${goto 144}[D4D]${goto 201}[D5D]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 23}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${color6}[D2F]${goto 83}[D3F]${goto 142}[D4F]${goto 200}[D5F]${font}
    ${voffset 1}${goto 25}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color3}[D2T]${goto 85}[D3T]${goto 144}[D4T]${goto 201}[D5T]${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 24}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D2P]${goto 84}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D3P]${goto 144}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D4P]${goto 201}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D5P]${font}

And this is the original sed call-up with nothing taken out, you may want to use this instead if mine:

####
    ## Windspeed [WS]
    sed -e 's/Calm mph'/'\$\{offset 8\}Calm/g'|
    ####
    ## Moon Phases [MP]
    sed -e 's/New Moon'/'\$\{offset -10\}New Moon/g'|
    sed -e 's/Waxing Crescent'/'\$\{offset -3\}Waxing/g'|
    sed -e 's/First Quarter'/'\$\{offset -3\}First Qtr/g'|
    sed -e 's/Waxing Gibbous'/'\$\{offset -3\}Waxing/g'|
    sed -e 's/Full Moon'/'\$\{offset -8\}Full Moon/g'|
    sed -e 's/Waning Gibbous'/'\$\{offset -3\}Waning/g'|
    sed -e 's/Last Quarter'/'\$\{offset -3\}Last Qtr/g'|
    sed -e 's/Waning Crescent'/'\$\{offset -3\}Waning/g'
    }${font}
    I didn't need the mph thingy so i deleted it but you may want to use it.

Update:
    I have just put all this code in my original post!
    Last edited by foodoo; September 29th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

I am pleased to announce

Conky Weather Program in Bash Script - conkywx version 0.7.5 Released

http://foreverquest.blogspot.in/2012...sh-script.html

Cheers

Talking Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Hi Cvetan,

First of all you will need:
    conky-all and conky latest version is 1.9.0

Install using the correct PPA:

Open up a terminal, and paste the following commands one by one:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-c/conky
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install conky-all
    sudo apt-get install conky

P:S. feel free to make a comment if i have missed something out that should be in this post!
    Hey Sean - That is an excellent post !!!

For the latest conkywx [ got it finally out - need more Bier ]
    I have noticed use_xml is not being used - well, the advantage of using this option is you get virtually real time weather feed from a personal weather station close to where you live rather than the airport which might be way off.

Elstra, (Kriepitz), SACHSEN is a station which is giving "Rapid Fire" you can use xml_ID=ISACHSEN37 and your update will show weather for the time you update - otherwise I can see the main Location has still not updated 30 min gone and xml station updates every minute

cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Hi Paramvir;

Just read your post "need more bier" made me laugh so much it hurts! haha
    I thought the xml had a little tick, has it been sorted out as the last time i used it with ISACHSEN18 i was getting some bad data.
    I must admit i have not tried it since but it's a good tip from you especially the "rapid updates" i will try it and let you know.

I have just installed 0.7.5 version and i'm doing the settings in the conkywx.conf so i will set the xml to 1 and use ISACHSEN37!

I will update the post to use the xml but one thing i have noticed,
    when i use wunderground.com to find a station id, it does not always show the ISACHSEN id, do you know a shortcut on the website where i can point to this, i would like to put that in the post as well ?

As to the whole post i hope my example is ok, if you feel i should add something or change something please let me know! i just wanted to help and thought ok lets do it.

Thanks for your kind words
    Cheers Sean

Update!
    feedback about using the xml, i'm using the xml ISACHSEN37 the little tick problem lies in the forecast high and low data:
    my current temp is 14°C, feels like 12°C that is correct but all the high and low temps display temps in the 30's and 20's which is like high summer temps! not correct.

sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset all show incorrect data from 30mins to 1 hour differences.
    the rest seems ok.

let me know what you think

Update!
    I looked in the temp folder and found data for Delhi in the forecast_tends, so i took a look in the conkywx.sh and changed the default setting from IDELHI? to ISACHSEN37 and Location to 10488 which is just for good measure.
    started conky new and now i have correct data using the xml.

soooooo looks like conkywx is still calling Delhi even though i put ISACHSEN37 in the conkywx.conf file.

So i think i need to put that in the post too.
    Last edited by foodoo; September 29th, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

Hi Paramvir;

sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset all show incorrect data from 30mins to 1 hour differences.
    the rest seems ok.

let me know what you think
    OK - Have read of the config file section in the wiki - it is quite detailed about how to use Location and xml_ID.

You still have to use the Location - xml data is just updated more frequently - which adds to the Location data.

All the information which you find is out of sync is actually derived from the Location data

xml only replaces - Humidity, UV, Wind data, Present temp, pressure, rainfall, dewpoint - rest is all from Location data.

Please confirm you still have Location data set

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

OOOPS!

sorry no i commented it out but have changed it now! oops silly me!

OOOPS!

sorry no i commented it out but have changed it now! oops silly me!
    No worries - It happens all the time - now you know and your weather update is more up to date

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Hellooooo Paramvir,

I Have updated the post to include meaningful instructions about the xml and Location settings.

Wow update speed is a lot quicker looks like my computer doesn't have to chew over it so much that's cool thanks for the tip.
    I will look after the post and keep adding info as and when we need to.

Hellooooo Paramvir,
    go to /usr/share/conkywx/conkywx.sh

open this in gedit and go to line 469 if you have no line numbers look in gedit options and activate this first
    on line 469
    where it displays: ]] && [[ change it to: ]] || [[ this corrects a problem with the updater!
    and then save the changes.

You are welcome Sean

and you can remove the 469 line edit thing - this has been corrected in 0.7.5

Edit: I LIKE the RTFM touch lol - just missed commenting about it - Thanks - we all overlook the manual.
    Last edited by paramvir; September 29th, 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

How to see xml id? For the location number it is easy, it is shown in the adress bar, but for this i don't know?!

Page 42 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast