Code:
    ##################################
    ## VinDSL | rev. 12-09-12 17:14 ##
    ##   CONKYWX WEATHER TEMPLATE   ##
    ${voffset 6}${goto 36}${font Weather:size=44}${color6}y${font}
    ${voffset -58}${font RadioSpace:size=33}${color6}${alignc}[PT]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 93}${font}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Feels Like${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[FL]${font}
    ${voffset -44}${goto 206}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.3}${color5}Today${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 204}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.65}${color6}[D1T]${font}
    ${voffset -42}${goto 188}${font KRARound:size=41.5}${color8}I${font}
    ${voffset 7}${font Ubuntu:size=22.75}${color5}${alignc}[CT]${font}
    ${voffset 8}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Humidity${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[HM]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Barometer${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[BR]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Bar${offset 3}Trend${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FCTP]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonrise${offset 1}:${color6}[MR]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonset${offset 1}:${color6}[MS]${font}
    ${voffset -61}${goto 16}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=41.6}${color6}[BF]${font}${voffset -36}${goto 196}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color6}[MIF]${font}${voffset -36}${goto 198}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color8}8${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 22}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.45}${color3}[WS] mph${voffset -1}${goto 203}[MP]${font}
    ${voffset 9}${goto 25}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color5}[D2D]${goto 85}[D3D]${goto 145}[D4D]${goto 205}[D5D]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 23}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${color6}[D2F]${goto 82}[D3F]${goto 141}[D4F]${goto 200}[D5F]${font}
    ${voffset 1}${goto 25}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color3}[D2T]${goto 85}[D3T]${goto 145}[D4T]${goto 205}[D5T]${font}
    Code:
    ## VinDSL | rev. 12-09-12 20:58 ##
    ##    CONKYWX TIME TEMPLATE     ##
    ${voffset -5}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${alignc 7}${time %l:%M%p}${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${alignc -1}${time %l:%M%p}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${alignc}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Sunrise${offset 1}:${color6}[SR]${offset 3}/${offset 3}${color5}Sunset${offset 1}:${color6}[SS]${font}
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Talking Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Here's where it stands, tonight...
    Fantastic and yes I had already handled the Calm mph part as well so you wont need sed after all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    Also now your usage of sed is down to just the wind state of Calm and mph thingy - again I weighed it in terms of probability of usage
    [...] and yes I had already handled the Calm mph part as well so you wont need sed after all
    I only had a few hours of free time, tonight, and haven't had a chance to delve into the new feature. Sounds great!

I'll give it a whirl in the afternoon...

Thanks, again!

Beans
    Distro

I have removed all sed calls except for the Moon Phases part as I could not see a way around it.

I am also using both CoR and Feels Like with the line below because where I live the chance of rain is important to me.

Code:
    ${voffset 2}${goto 55}${font}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}CoR:${offset 3}${color6}[D1P]${offset 2}${goto 113}${font}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Feels Like${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[FL]${font}
    Bill
    Last edited by sparker256; September 14th, 2012 at 04:50 AM.
    LINUX Flight Simulator Machine - AMD 8-Core FX-8350 - Antec KUHLER H2O 920 - 32G Ram - Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 PCI/Express 6144 MB - Driver Version 340.76 - Asus VE278 - Ubuntu 64 bit 12.04 - 14.04 - 15.10-X-Plane 10.36rc1

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sparker256 View Post
    I have removed all sed calls except for the Moon Phases part as I could not see a way around it.

I am also using both CoR and Feels Like with the line below because where I live the chance of rain is important to me.
    Hi Bill,
    I have "commented-out" all SED calls, expect for Moon Phases, and the "Calm mph" wind speed thingie. Incidentally, this allowed me to knock the "text_buffer_size" down to "2560" (with some fudge-room built in), as Paramvir predicted.

On the CoR: I've been anguishing over this for days.

Personally, CoR means nothing to me, because I live in one of the hottest, driest places on Earth. But, I *thought* other Conkystidors might care about it. I would be leaning toward adding CoR values on one day, and leaning against it the next. LoL!

I read your post, this morning, but didn't have time to reply.

I mentioned "the CoR situation" to a co-worker today, and he said, "All I care about is the chance of rain."

So, between the two of you, it convinced me of the importance of CoR. Thus, I added it to all forecasts...

Heh! I actually like the look of it, if nothing else. Melds well with the "clock", which was oddly standing-out, since I added the "Sunrise/Sunset times."

Here's the weather template, as it stands...
    Code:
    ## VinDSL | rev. 12-09-14 15:21 ##
    ##   CONKYWX WEATHER TEMPLATE   ##
    ${voffset 6}${goto 36}${font Weather:size=44}${color6}y${font}
    ${voffset -58}${font RadioSpace:size=33}${color6}${alignc}[PT]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 93}${font}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color5}Feels Like${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[FL]${font}
    ${voffset -42}${goto 204}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.75}${color6}[D1T]${font}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 204}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.3}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[D1P]${font}
    ${voffset -43}${goto 188}${font KRARound:size=41.5}${color8}I${font}
    ${voffset 7}${font Ubuntu:size=22.75}${color5}${alignc}[CT]${font}
    ${voffset 8}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Humidity${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[HM]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Barometer${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[BR]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Bar${offset 3}Trend${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FCTP]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonrise${offset 1}:${color6}[MR]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color5}Moonset${offset 1}:${color6}[MS]${font}
    ${voffset -61}${goto 16}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=41.6}${color6}[BF]${font}${voffset -36}${goto 196}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color6}[MIF]${font}${voffset -36}${goto 198}${font MoonPhases:size=35}${color8}8${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 22}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.45}${color3}[WS] mph${voffset -1}${goto 203}[MP]${font}
    ${voffset 8}${goto 25}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color5}[D2D]${goto 85}[D3D]${goto 145}[D4D]${goto 205}[D5D]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 23}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${color6}[D2F]${goto 82}[D3F]${goto 141}[D4F]${goto 200}[D5F]${font}
    ${voffset 1}${goto 25}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color3}[D2T]${goto 85}[D3T]${goto 145}[D4T]${goto 205}[D5T]${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 24}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D2P]${goto 84}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D3P]${goto 144}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D4P]${goto 204}${color5}CoR${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color3}[D5P]${font}
    Thanks for the suggestion, as always!
    Last edited by VinDSL; September 15th, 2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Addendum

Beans
    Distro

[...] I had already handled the Calm mph part as well so you wont need sed after all
    Hi Paramvir,
    Fantastic job, on your latest Conkywx update!

I kept all your SED calls, expect for "Scattered" & "Calm mph".

The "Calm mph" sed is actually running against wind speed, not current conditions. And, if I remember correctly, I added the "mph" text to my Conky script, so I could truncate it, thus sed has to be run against my script, not at a core level.

I decided I preferred the word "Scattered" to any other word, or no word at all -- and adjusted the font size, so there was room for it. "Scattered" is what it is. There really isn't any other word that takes its place, you know? I judge that's why the weather reports use it. LoL!

I really appreciate the accommodations you have made. And, I'm sure others do, as well. Conkywx is coming along very nicely.

Once, again, good job!

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Hi Paramvir,
    Fantastic job, on your latest Conkywx update!

I kept all your SED calls, expect for "Scattered" & "Calm mph".

The "Calm mph" sed is actually running against wind speed, not current conditions. And, if I remember correctly, I added the "mph" text to my Conky script, so I could truncate it, thus sed has to be run against my script, not at a core level.

I decided I preferred the word "Scattered" to any other word, or no word at all -- and adjusted the font size, so there was room for it. "Scattered" is what it is. There really isn't any other word that takes its place, you know? I judge that's why the weather reports use it. LoL!

I really appreciate the accommodations you have made. And, I'm sure others do, as well. Conkywx is coming along very nicely.

Once, again, good job!
    Hey Thanks

Yes you are right - I was wondering why I had mentioned the sed call for mph as still a requirement - but I got confused as I had used the same sed replacement string and it had the mph - but soon realised that - that part is on your script and not a server side feed.

There is a requirement to get conkywx working behind firewall and proxy as some people have ping disabled at the proxy server. hmmmmm ...

Some googling is required he he

I agree with "scattered" in fact my current wx condition is "Scattered Clouds" - The current condition image though still uses the original condition text.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Hello Paramvir,

The Conkywx is very very good! i am having trouble updating, this is either the station or something that has changed in conkywx since the latest update.
    I just read your last comment about conkywx working behind a firewall, is this just a problem for people using a proxy or both ?

Many thanks for your hard work Sean.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

@VinDSL - having so much fun playing with your codes, brilliant stuff - thanks so much.

And thanks to all the others making their contributions! =D>

Just one curious question: where do you get all your inspirational backgrounds from ??

Cheers / Frank
    Do You Ubuntu? I Do!
    The Network is Alive and Well

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Hello Paramvir,

The Conkywx is very very good! i am having trouble updating, this is either the station or something that has changed in conkywx since the latest update.
    I just read your last comment about conkywx working behind a firewall, is this just a problem for people using a proxy or both ?

Many thanks for your hard work Sean.
    Sean - Many thanks for the kind words.

It was reported that a proxy server was blocking ping from working so the work around is using wget to the same job - in fact it works faster. For downloading data the tool used is wget. Normal rules should apply for accessing Internet if you are behind a firewall and/or proxy.

wget uses a config file wgetrc - and all proxy information is added in this file.

What messages do you get when conkywx updates?

This code has been same since ver 0.7.1 - so if it worked before - it should still do so.

Page 26 of 287 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast