Page 234 of 287 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2865

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian2 View Post
    Oh, I'm already doing something like that, paramvir. The problem is... I forget how to get the PROGRAM sensors running. I haven't changed anything with my system, or with Conky, aside from the odd placement of one of them, in something like 4 years. Suddenly, Saturday I had a problem with my Xubuntu 11.04 install, tried to run 12.04, and spent the next two days finding ways to get 12.04 running. AFTER 14.04 dying on me twice. It has been a long time, in technological terms, since I touched any of this. I'm a total fog at this point. Like a newbie, all over again!

Here's the conky script in question. It literally JUST gets CPU Fan Speed and Temperature. (I had an overheating issue once. So I made myself a Conky to trigger when I thought it was happening again.)

I'm also getting this weird ghosting issue. Every refresh is being written on top of the previous image, so new values are just blurring together with the previous value, and the whole thing just keeps getting bolder, and bolder, blurrier and blurrier.
    OK for ghosting in xfce4 - you will need to delete a cache - had this issue many years ago... here is the link... conky session is being started 2 times - you need to remove the xfce cache and have just a single session started.
    http://wiki.xfce.org/faq#some_of_my_...d_when_i_login

So you are getting the desired info from sensors ???

cheers

Beans

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Nevermind... Discovered the solution to two of three problems I'm having... Got Sensors running, AND I ended the blurring issue with my Conky. Now I need to figure out Weather again.

MyDesktop25a.jpg

Turns out I DO need to add the compositor controls to Conky for the first time since I have used Conky at all. (own_window_argb_visual and value)

*EDIT* Full Data Dump on this setup located here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...9#post13329209
    Last edited by 42dorian2; July 29th, 2015 at 03:23 AM.

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian2 View Post
    Nevermind... Discovered the solution to two of three problems I'm having... Got Sensors running, AND I ended the blurring issue with my Conky. Now I need to figure out Weather again.

MyDesktop25a.jpg

Turns out I DO need to add the compositor controls to Conky for the first time since I have used Conky at all. (own_window_argb_visual and value)
    That is fantastic

cheers

Beans

Where can I find a free copy of the Droid Font Family? I can't seem to find one and a liscense for the set is 170$. A little pricey.

Edit: I found it on Google fonts. Feel like an ******* now.
    Last edited by StewartTurkeylink; August 11th, 2015 at 07:09 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by StewartTurkeylink View Post
    Where can I find a free copy of the Droid Font Family? I can't seem to find one and a liscense for the set is 170$. A little pricey.

Edit: I found it on Google fonts. Feel like an ******* now.
    There are no dumb questions around here. But Paramvir has packaged all the fonts needed by VinDSL's conky here:

https://bitbucket.org/plikhari/conkywx_pub/downloads in VinDSL_Conky_Fonts_Assistant.tar.xz

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

the latest.....a little VinDSL & a little Paramvir blended

larger image here:

http://en.zimagez.com/zimage/screens...2816-37-13.php
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, MX 18.3 Linux
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    the latest.....a little VinDSL & a little Paramvir blended

larger image here:

http://en.zimagez.com/zimage/screens...2816-37-13.php
    Nice! I love that song too! Those were the good ole days!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

My latest of VinDSL's and Paramvir's masterpieces.

Then of course some wickedness too.

It's been raining pretty much all day long and you can tell from the picture on the top middle right.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Ok, quick question... I now have 2 Nvidia graphics cards. The nvidia variable allows me to access information about the card such as gpufreq, temp, etc., BUT only for the first card. How does one direct the command to access the information from the second card? Can't find any documentation on the XNVctrl library or on any modifiers to add to the conky 'nvidia' variable to get information from the second card.

Thanks,
    Jon

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jdallara View Post
    Ok, quick question... I now have 2 Nvidia graphics cards. The nvidia variable allows me to access information about the card such as gpufreq, temp, etc., BUT only for the first card. How does one direct the command to access the information from the second card? Can't find any documentation on the XNVctrl library or on any modifiers to add to the conky 'nvidia' variable to get information from the second card.

Thanks,
    Jon
    Does ANYTHING on your computer access that data at all? System info, Hardware info, Sensors?

Page 234 of 287 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284 ... LastLast