Page 181 of 287 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2865

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Well, I found the cause as to why I could not get the color to change no matter what I did. It's a little embarrassing though. I was trying to change the color on Precise and it would not change either.
    Then I got to looking and found that I had copied about 3 conkys into the .conkyrc.vindsl file So when I changed the one on the top it read the one or two other ones which is why the color stayed the same.
    One must watch that cntl+v closely.

It helps if you're not a bonehead_award.jpg

So once I made sure I had one start and one end everything is hunky dory.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; July 28th, 2014 at 05:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Heh! It happens to all of us, from time_to_time.

Thanks, for the update.
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Heh! It happens to all of us, from time_to_time.

Thanks, for the update.
    LoL I guess so! Conky can drive you nuts or make you very happy.

Just glad that chapter came to a conclusion!

You are welcome!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Ok so I got curious and noticed that the font symbol next to the fan speeds that I had added were the same as the PROCESSOR+TEMPS so I took a look at some other ones and found a suitable one.
    I downloaded the Conky Symbol fonts here as they don't come standard. I put it in ~/.fonts.
    This font symbol looks like a fan. But it made me adjust everything a bit because even though they are the same size as the other font, these are a little bigger.
    Here is the code:
    Code:
    ##################################
    ##          FAN SPEEDS          ##
    ${voffset -1}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}FAN SPEEDS${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font conkysymbols:size=9.9}${color2}L${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}CPU FAN${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan1' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font conkysymbols:size=9.9}${color2}L${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN2${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan2' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font conkysymbols:size=9.9}${color2}L${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN3${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan3' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    Then I noticed that the things on the right under NETWORK were not flush against the right side even though there was a ${alignr} in it but I guess it wasn't just prior to the object. I moved it to that place and it did the job.

Code:
    ##          NETWORK             ##
    ${voffset -2}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}NETWORK${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}T${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color0}${offset 5}Download${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totaldown eth0}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${downspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color0}${offset 5}Upload${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totalup eth0}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${upspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color0}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${goto 123}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}LAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${addr eth0}${font}
    #${voffset 1}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color0}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color0}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}Demo mode

I know it's not much but I thought I'd throw it out there.
    I was able to copy and paste these changes into each of my 4 other Linux systems. But the touching up of the placement due to the increased size has to be done in each system.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Isn't this purdy?

Somehow that blue (DeepSkyBlue) just looks awesome at least to me on that black background.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

why yes, it is nice....

also like the wallpaper.....kinda like that song about white line fever...

tommy
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, MX 18.3 Linux
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    why yes, it is nice....

also like the wallpaper.....kinda like that song about white line fever...

tommy
    Thanks! I call it the road to know where. LoL!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Hello,

Does conky have a way of creating a button or hot spot on the screen? I'd like to have a button so I could force an update by clicking it.

Thanks,

Jon.
    Last edited by jdallara; August 9th, 2014 at 03:41 AM. Reason: typo

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jdallara View Post
    Hello,

Does conky have a way of creating a button or hot spot on the screen? I'd like to have a button so I could force an update by clicking it.

Thanks,

Jon.
    I don't think so Jon

I think you would have to use something like either Lua or Cairo....

I'm sure the experts can answer this better than I.

the Conky manual is here:

http://conky.sourceforge.net/docs.html

a quick link to the Conky documentation is here:

http://conky.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

tommy
    Last edited by NM5TF; August 9th, 2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: typo
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, MX 18.3 Linux
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Ok, I have been thinking about this for a while now. I'm not sure if anyone else would care but I wanted to see the point release at the top if the Ubuntu version is a LTS version.
    And after much work on this one single line I think I've got it. I tried it on Precise 12.04 LTS and on Utopic 14.10 non-LTS and it seems to work, it took the else because I had to jack with it.

I realize this is a very minor thing but seeing 12.04.5 (for point release 5) instead of just 12.04 is what I was looking for and believe I found.

Code:
    TEXT
    ${voffset -9}${lua main -n background -r 45 -c 0x000000:0.2 -p NA,NA}
    ##             LOGO             ##
    ## Uncomment for hard-coded ID (static)
    # ${voffset -33}${font OpenLogos:size=103}${color2}v${font}${voffset -75}${goto 179}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=19.6}${color4}1${offset 1}2${offset 1}.${offset 0}0${offset 0}4${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for soft-coded ID (dynamic)
    #${voffset -30}${font OpenLogos:size=93}${color2}v${font}${voffset -75}${goto 174}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=12.6}${color4}${pre_exec cat /etc/*release | grep 'RELEASE' | awk -F'=' '{print $2}'}${font}
    ${voffset -30}${font OpenLogos:size=93}${color2}v${font}${voffset -75}${goto 174}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=12.6}${color4}${if_match "${pre_exec cat /etc/*release | grep 'PRETTY_NAME'| sed 's/.*="\(.*\)"/\1/' | awk -F'(' '{print $2}' |  cut -c '9-11'}" == "LTS"} ${pre_exec cat /etc/*release | grep 'PRETTY_NAME'| sed 's/.*="\(.*\)"/\1/' | awk -F'(' '{print $2}' |  cut -c '1-7'} ${else} ${pre_exec cat /etc/*release | grep 'RELEASE' | awk -F'=' '{print $2}'}${font} ${endif}${font}
    ####
    It is just that one red line which is fairly long. Wish I knew how to split lines but I'll not worry about that at this time.
    I didn't take a pic of Utopic but it just displayed 14.10 so I think it works.
    With all those awk, sed and cut commands I think I just lucked out because I barely understand what they do.

Page 181 of 287 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast