Page 173 of 193 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1930

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

  1. #1721
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,519
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I've been busier than a one-arm wallpaper hanger, at work. Plus, I was invited to be a 'Global Mod' in the Peppermint OS Forums.

    Heh! Not enough hours in a day, you know?!?!?

    I'm clawing my way back, slowly. I can't believe I'm running an LTS (at the moment). LoL!

    Anyway, I just wanted to pop in here and let you know I haven't dropped off the face_of_the_earth. I check this thread daily.

    Keep up the good work, all!

    Hey! I forgot to mention congratulations on becoming a 'Global Mod' in the Peppermint OS Forums.

    That is cool!
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Precise 12.04 | Trusty 14.04 | Vivid 15.04 | Mint Rebecca 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  2. #1722
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,868
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Hey! I forgot to mention congratulations on becoming a 'Global Mod' in the Peppermint OS Forums.

    That is cool!
    Thanks!

    Peppermint has a great dev team - best I've ever seen, actually.
    Intel P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  3. #1723
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    A thread elsewhere discussed how much mem Compiz is using, or what it should be using. Nautrally I compared the numbers the posters were talking about with my conky and also with System Monitor, and it appears there's a difference in data especially with compiz. The data for the other two processes, postgres and firefox, are within 10% but the compiz numbers are out by more than 40%.

    Any ideas why there would be such a discrepancy?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #1724
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Magdalena,New Mexico,USA
    Beans
    470
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by PJs Ronin View Post
    A thread elsewhere discussed how much mem Compiz is using, or what it should be using. Nautrally I compared the numbers the posters were talking about with my conky and also with System Monitor, and it appears there's a difference in data especially with compiz. The data for the other two processes, postgres and firefox, are within 10% but the compiz numbers are out by more than 40%.

    Any ideas why there would be such a discrepancy?
    your numbers give a difference of 33.7 % for compiz on conky vs sys monitor...

    I looked at mine to see what if any difference there is.....they agree pretty closely....

    sys monitor says 4.9 % and conky says 6-7 %....

    you don't specify what OS you're using...I am running 14.04 LTS currently....

    have you tried the ulatentcyd app yet ??? it claims to "balance" all processes....may be worth trying...

    tommy
    Last edited by NM5TF; May 11th, 2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: fix typos
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, Debian 7.7 Wheezy, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Fedora 21
    my new & improved web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost

  5. #1725
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,519
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Whoever said this is not rocket science was wrong. This is on Trusty LTS 14.04.

    I tried adding fan temps to be informative and also take up some room without a picture. I do like to know that my fans are working and it's nice to see the rpm too.
    I have many but only the first three are connected so they can be monitored. Fan 1 is the CPU fan.

    So, based on this I figured "Aww how difficult could it be?"

    Code:
    cavsfan@cavsfan-desktop:~$ sensors
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0:       +39.0C  (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C)
    Core 1:       +39.0C  (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C)
    Core 2:       +38.0C  (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C)
    Core 3:       +39.0C  (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C)
    
    f71882fg-isa-0a00
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    +3.3V:        +3.36 V  
    in1:          +1.12 V  (max =  +2.04 V)
    in2:          +0.92 V  
    in3:          +0.77 V  
    in4:          +0.98 V  
    in5:          +1.10 V  
    in6:          +0.91 V  
    3VSB:         +3.36 V  
    Vbat:         +3.31 V  
    fan1:        2384 RPM
    fan2:        2814 RPM
    fan3:        2762 RPM
    fan4:           0 RPM  ALARM
    temp1:        +31.0C  (high = +85.0C, hyst = +81.0C)
                           (crit = +100.0C, hyst = +96.0C)  sensor = transistor
    temp2:        +34.0C  (high = +85.0C, hyst = +81.0C)
                           (crit = +95.0C, hyst = +91.0C)  sensor = thermistor
    temp3:        +30.0C  (high = +70.0C, hyst = +68.0C)
                           (crit = +85.0C, hyst = +83.0C)  sensor = transistor
    And it does show up looking fairly well in the conky, but I get an error about a missing endif and Audacious appears although it's wrapped in
    Code:
    ${if_running audacious}
    I take it out and it works, I put it in any where and "missing endif".

    Here is what I want to add. BTW I deleted everything below TEXT and just had this code in the .conkyrc file and everything looked good but not when it's all together it breaks.

    Code:
    ##################################
    ##          FAN SPEEDS          ##
    ##################################
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}FAN SPEEDS${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN1${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan1' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN2${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan2' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN3${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan3' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    Any guidance would be much appreciated! I'm going to give up for now.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; May 11th, 2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Added This is on Trusty LTS 14.04.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Precise 12.04 | Trusty 14.04 | Vivid 15.04 | Mint Rebecca 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  6. #1726
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,519
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Never mind. It seems to work ok in Mint 13. Probably holding my mouth wrong or something like that. I'm sure it'll iron itself out.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Precise 12.04 | Trusty 14.04 | Vivid 15.04 | Mint Rebecca 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  7. #1727
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Magdalena,New Mexico,USA
    Beans
    470
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Never mind. It seems to work ok in Mint 13. Probably holding my mouth wrong or something like that. I'm sure it'll iron itself out.
    kewl.....love it when it "fixes" itself....

    I am curious about this tho.....surely you aren't measuring it in degrees Kelvin are you....

    Code:
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k
    tommy
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, Debian 7.7 Wheezy, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Fedora 21
    my new & improved web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost

  8. #1728
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Beans
    1

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Whoever said this is not rocket science was wrong. This is on Trusty LTS 14.04.

    I tried adding fan temps to be informative and also take up some room without a picture. I do like to know that my fans are working and it's nice to see the rpm too.
    I have many but only the first three are connected so they can be monitored. Fan 1 is the CPU fan.

    So, based on this I figured "Aww how difficult could it be?"

    Code:
    cavsfan@cavsfan-desktop:~$ sensors
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0:       +39.0C  (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C)
    Core 1:       +39.0C  (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C)
    Core 2:       +38.0C  (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C)
    Core 3:       +39.0C  (high = +76.0C, crit = +100.0C)
    
    f71882fg-isa-0a00
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    +3.3V:        +3.36 V  
    in1:          +1.12 V  (max =  +2.04 V)
    in2:          +0.92 V  
    in3:          +0.77 V  
    in4:          +0.98 V  
    in5:          +1.10 V  
    in6:          +0.91 V  
    3VSB:         +3.36 V  
    Vbat:         +3.31 V  
    fan1:        2384 RPM
    fan2:        2814 RPM
    fan3:        2762 RPM
    fan4:           0 RPM  ALARM
    temp1:        +31.0C  (high = +85.0C, hyst = +81.0C)
                           (crit = +100.0C, hyst = +96.0C)  sensor = transistor
    temp2:        +34.0C  (high = +85.0C, hyst = +81.0C)
                           (crit = +95.0C, hyst = +91.0C)  sensor = thermistor
    temp3:        +30.0C  (high = +70.0C, hyst = +68.0C)
                           (crit = +85.0C, hyst = +83.0C)  sensor = transistor
    And it does show up looking fairly well in the conky, but I get an error about a missing endif and Audacious appears although it's wrapped in
    Code:
    ${if_running audacious}
    I take it out and it works, I put it in any where and "missing endif".

    Here is what I want to add. BTW I deleted everything below TEXT and just had this code in the .conkyrc file and everything looked good but not when it's all together it breaks.

    Code:
    ##################################
    ##          FAN SPEEDS          ##
    ##################################
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}FAN SPEEDS${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN1${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan1' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN2${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan2' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN3${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan3' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    Any guidance would be much appreciated! I'm going to give up for now.
    I use so:

    Code:
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}M${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}Fan 1: $alignr${platform f71882fg.2560 fan 1} RPM${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}M${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}Fan 2: $alignr${platform f71882fg.2560 fan 2} RPM${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}M${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}Fan 3: $alignr${platform f71882fg.2560 fan 3} RPM${font}
    look at your system: "/sys/bus/platform/devices/f71882fg.2560"
    replace it with something like "f71882fg.****", as it is in your system.


    sorry, my english is not good.

  9. #1729
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,519
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    kewl.....love it when it "fixes" itself....

    I am curious about this tho.....surely you aren't measuring it in degrees Kelvin are you....

    Code:
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k
    tommy
    The k here is the icon at the beginning of the line I'm fairly sure.


    Quote Originally Posted by leandrohermann View Post
    I use so:

    Code:
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}M${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}Fan 1: $alignr${platform f71882fg.2560 fan 1} RPM${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}M${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}Fan 2: $alignr${platform f71882fg.2560 fan 2} RPM${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}M${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}Fan 3: $alignr${platform f71882fg.2560 fan 3} RPM${font}
    look at your system: "/sys/bus/platform/devices/f71882fg.2560"
    replace it with something like "f71882fg.****", as it is in your system.


    sorry, my english is not good.
    Thanks a lot for that! I do have that exact sensor. I will use that to make a lua bar maybe if I can figure that out.

    Here is the results in Mint 13 (I removed the "-i num" from the windvane lua line for the image):



    Code:
    ##################################
    ##          FAN SPEEDS          ##
    ##################################
    ${voffset 2}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}FAN SPEEDS${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}CPU FAN${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan1' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN2${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan2' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN3${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan3' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Precise 12.04 | Trusty 14.04 | Vivid 15.04 | Mint Rebecca 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  10. #1730
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,519
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Looking good on Precise 12.04 Actually using up the whole right side of the screen with useful information. I'm done until something changes.
    I was going to try to put a lua bar on the fan speeds but, then thought "but why" So I think this is as good as it gets and this is pretty good!

    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Precise 12.04 | Trusty 14.04 | Vivid 15.04 | Mint Rebecca 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

Page 173 of 193 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •