Page 172 of 189 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1883

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Thanks for the information Bro!

I'm amazed at how quickly he got version 2.0 up! If he needs testers I'm in there.

OK, this may seem kind of lame but since VinDSL made his new conky so condensed and efficent with combining the cpu usage with the temps
    and adding total upload/download to the network section I was having a hard time filling the screen. So here is what I came up with so far.
    I added a picture at the bottom. My wife is fond of cats and we have 2 so... the picture pretty much is true if you can see it.
    I had to compress the top stuff to make enough room for it and I wrapped some code around it that if Audacious is playing, that displays instead of the picture.
    Yes there was an urgency once the website changed - 2.0 had to be pushed out

VinDSL template fonts are really being downloaded quite fast - at least we now have a home for them

Some of the changes I made with the VinDSL template - changed the awk and cut into single sed - and a few similar tweaks... - moved the temps along with the cpu usage - HDD added the free and used % at the end... lots of scope - it is an excellent template

The Bargraphs for the memory and HDD need some tweaking - the red is not showing up correct - perhaps if you look at conkywx.lua and the function bargraph_styles - at the bottom there is a line

Code:
    led_effect   = "e"
    change this to ::
    led_effect   = "r"
    then the red shows up properly - I shall look into this later...

At present just concepts and ideas like tommy said and since Life pops in every now and then and spoils the fun

cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    and yeah, the Cat comment is spot on....I got rid of mine when they kept chewing up the air lines to my
    fish tanks....little furballs !!!
    One cat who just happens to be 14 today I can be petting the heck out of him and then he will just bite me. I mean leave two puncture holes that bleed. Not kool! But can't just get rid of him.
    We have had him since he was about 6 weeks old. The other one's a girl and she's 6. They fight and play and keep each other going I guess. My wife want a Yorkie but not while we have these cats.
    We had 2 dalmatians up until about 5 years ago and cats and dogs do not mix for reasons I cannot explain here if you know what I mean.

I fixed the Audacious code in my previous post to align right the bitrate. I don't think I have enough room for that good looking clock you have.
    Here is the small code to get the picture like I have:

Code:
    ##################################
    ##         Image                ##
    ##################################
    ${if_running audacious} ${else}#
    ${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}ICAN HAZ CHEESEBURGER${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${offset -10}${image /home/cavsfan/Pictures/icanhascheeseburger3.jpeg -p 10,934 -s 240x200}${endif}
    Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post

VinDSL template fonts are really being downloaded quite fast - at least we now have a home for them

Some of the changes I made with the VinDSL template - changed the awk and cut into single sed - and a few similar tweaks... - moved the temps along with the cpu usage - HDD added the free and used % at the end... lots of scope - it is an excellent template

The Bargraphs for the memory and HDD need some tweaking - the red is not showing up correct - perhaps if you look at conkywx.lua and the function bargraph_styles - at the bottom there is a line

Code:
    led_effect   = "e"
    led_effect   = "r"

At present just concepts and ideas like tommy said and since Life pops in every now and then and spoils the fun

cheers
    I know what you mean Paramvir! I think you did a fantastic job!

I made the change you suggested and my Fantom 1TB USB drive now shows red in the last part. I have it too full. It only has 13% free space.
    The rest are still green so, that is for telling you when your drive/memory is getting too full?

Thanks!
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

Beans
    Distro

Hi paramvir and all

Thought I should pop in here and give some well-deserved props -- great job on 2.0, bro!

And, Kudos to everyone else, for your contributions to the project, too!!!

The 2.0 upgrade required very little tweaking. All I needed to do is change the spacing on a single line in my script, and install:

Code:
    Commit Log for Fri May  9 17:18:34 2014

Installed the following packages:

libhtml-parser-perl (3.71-1build1)
    libhtml-tagset-perl (3.20-2)
    Bingo!

I've been busier than a one-arm wallpaper hanger, at work. Plus, I was invited to be a 'Global Mod' in the Peppermint OS Forums.

Heh! Not enough hours in a day, you know?!?!?

I'm clawing my way back, slowly. I can't believe I'm running an LTS (at the moment). LoL!

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in here and let you know I haven't dropped off the face_of_the_earth. I check this thread daily.

Keep up the good work, all!
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Distro

@Paramvir, I do see a difference now in the lua bars, they go from green to red and many colors inbetween. Noticed it on the cpu usage but it does show my USB drive to be near full.

@VinDSL, glad to see you back in the forum! Is Peppermint worth checking out? I've noticed you've been using it for a while now.
    Just as long as it's not like Debian and a lot like Mint and Ubuntu. I might have to "find" a partition and check it out.

Glad to see everything is running pretty smooth for you! Being busy is always prefered to being bored!
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | 14.10 Mate | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    @VinDSL [...] Is Peppermint worth checking out? I've noticed you've been using it for a while now.
    Ubu is my main squeeze, on desktop boxes -- Gnome3 and Unity, but...

Peppermint (a Lubuntu fork) is what I prefer on ALL of my portables -- bootable USB sticks (full installs), netbooks, and laptops.

Conky & ConkyWX work great on both Ubu desktop boxes and Peppermint portables - after some minor adjustments for display size.

Um... Let's just leave it at that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I don't know what is happening, but I keep getting duplicate posts...

I'm sure it is something I am doing...
    Last edited by NM5TF; May 10th, 2014 at 09:14 PM. Reason: another dupe
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, Debian 7.6 Wheezy, Linux Mint 17rc, Fedora 20
    my new & improved web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

@CavsFan.....thanx for the idea about the image...I had never even thought about that...

I included a picture of the Very Large Array, where I retired from after 17 years, in my VinDSL
    system monitor....

@VinDSL....good to see from you again...I figured that you were busy with that 4 letter word (work)..

tommy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS, Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, Debian 7.6 Wheezy, Linux Mint 17rc, Fedora 20
    my new & improved web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost

Beans
    Distro

@VinDSL....good to see from you again...I figured that you were busy with that 4 letter word (work)..
    Thanks, Tommy!

Just got back from a (5-day) convention in Las Vegas. OMG! I must have walked 10 miles a day.

I'm back home, licking my wounds now. Heh! My knees will be paying for that, for a while... LoL

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Um... Let's just leave it at that.
    Good enough. I don't think I have any use for it at least at the present. I don't have anything smaller than this 1920x1200 pixel 28" monitor.
    Hoping to get a new machine and possibly a laptop later on this year or early next year - only a few more car payments and that will be out of the way.

I don't know what is happening, but I keep getting duplicate posts...
    That happened to me once. It happens when there is a pause when you click Submit Reply. Sometimes it will just sit there for a while.
    I noticed that if you click it again it will double post. You just have to wait it out and it will post. It does the same with Review Post but there's no danger of a double post.
    I've just learned that if I know I clicked it I wait until something happens. That should cure that problem.

@CavsFan.....thanx for the idea about the image...I had never even thought about that...

I included a picture of the Very Large Array, where I retired from after 17 years, in my VinDSL
    system monitor....

tommy
    That picture looks great! I was just looking for things to fill up some space at the bottom and that did the trick for now any way.

Beans
    Distro

Code:
    led_effect   = "e"
    led_effect   = "r"

cheers
    Now after fixing Mint 13 and getting into Precise 12.04 I see the difference in color in the lua bars.
    Where my USB drive shows red as only having 13% freespace after I made the above change in Mint I see about 5 barely grey bars that will be red one I fix conkywx.lua.

Page 172 of 189 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast