Page 165 of 287 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2865

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Large and small Conkywx 2.0.0 to perfection!Thanks Param!
    Last edited by dane56; April 29th, 2014 at 04:44 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    what vesion of conkywx are you using ???

this will tell you...

Code:
    apt-cache policy conkywx
    It's 1.0.0-1.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by os2 View Post
    It's 1.0.0-1.
    if you take a look at post 1548 on page # 155 of this thread, you will see that weather underground
    changed their site & really screwed up how conkywx gets/uses it's data....v 1.0.0-1 no longer works....

good news is that Paramvir has already fixed it in conkywx v 2.0.0.....

bad news is that he has not released it yet except for testing...

good news is that he says it's only a couple of days away from release...

if you can't wait for official release & want a testing version, e-mail Paramvir....

tommy
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, MX 18.3 Linux
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I have been banging away on the new features, and, even though it not QUITE finished - here's what I have so far

I haven't got the music player displaying yet (deciding which one) and the block of 6 gauges on the top right (CPU use and temp - along with Hdd use) aren't fully active ....yet.. but it is close!

Unbelievable work from paramvir!

-Bill
    Last edited by freebird54; April 27th, 2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: minor fixes
    | Xubuntu 20.04 / Arch rolling XFCE/ MX-19 patito feo / Arcolinux 20.5.7 rolling / EndeavourOS rolling XFCE / Ubuntu Unity 20.04 / Arch rolling Cinnamon / EndeavorsOS rolling Budgie / Arch rolling XFCE-compiz / Kubuntu 20.04 |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by freebird54 View Post
    I have been banging away on the new features, and, even though it not QUITE finished - here's what I have so far

I haven't got the music player displaying yet (deciding which one) and the block of 6 gauges on the top right (CPU use and temp - along with Hdd use) aren't fully active ....yet.. but it is close!

-Bill
    Absolute Master Piece Bill!! Well done indeed.

Does it take long to load? Guess not.

Would be interested to see your files when it's all done.

Cheers / Frank
    Do You Ubuntu? I Do!
    The Network is Alive and Well

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@Freebird.....nice work Bill.....reminds me of the work done by Sector 11 in the crunchbang linux forum...
    he used the Space Shuttle for his instrument panel...

wonder what flight sim you used ???

tommy
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, MX 18.3 Linux
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by freebird54 View Post

-Bill
    That is JUST fantastic - thanks Bill - now how did I know you would need the instrument background for the widgets hua ha ha ha

By the way one can do away with the older lua programs as the bar graphs are handle along with the background by conkywx.lua - anyhow just fixing the conf files and checking the templates... pesky things pop up...

cheers

Beans

Two new versions Conkywx 2.0.0. plus conky Vindsl.First only the upper window plus improved Vindsl conky.The second half of the bottom of the window plus improved conky Vindsl.
    Last edited by dane56; April 29th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    if you take a look at post 1548 on page # 155 of this thread, you will see that weather underground
    changed their site & really screwed up how conkywx gets/uses it's data....v 1.0.0-1 no longer works....

good news is that Paramvir has already fixed it in conkywx v 2.0.0.....

bad news is that he has not released it yet except for testing...

good news is that he says it's only a couple of days away from release...

if you can't wait for official release & want a testing version, e-mail Paramvir....

tommy
    OK, thanks for the Black and White explanation. Good.
    I knew something was going to break sooner or later.
    Might I also suggest a stripped down version of Conkywx to accompany the usual thing? I don't know about most people but I for sure never put too much faith in overly detailed weather forecasts, over many, many days. Those people with 7-day forcasts and cockpit flight controls with all the weather instrumentation are really just going for a ride, pardon the pun.

So this is me. I went from the expanded-template down to the now-template (to 2-3 days max) and couldn't be more pleased. This seems more useful to me, less information overload with better specificity and low maintenance.
    Last edited by os2; April 27th, 2014 at 09:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by os2 View Post
    So this is me. I went from the expanded-template down to the now-template (to 2-3 days max) and couldn't be more pleased. This seems more useful to me, less information overload with better specificity and low maintenance.
    THAT is the whole point of both conky and conkywx - complete flexibility! I have the 'show conky' (airplane cockpit) and a 'working conky' (which can be seen in a previous posting) and select them appropriately depending on my expected computer usage for the session. It is only a running a different startup script after all

Glad you found a useful configuration so easily...
    | Xubuntu 20.04 / Arch rolling XFCE/ MX-19 patito feo / Arcolinux 20.5.7 rolling / EndeavourOS rolling XFCE / Ubuntu Unity 20.04 / Arch rolling Cinnamon / EndeavorsOS rolling Budgie / Arch rolling XFCE-compiz / Kubuntu 20.04 |

Page 165 of 287 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast