Thread: Virtul users permision for created folders

Beans

Exclamation Virtul users permision for created folders

hi,
    I have problem with virtual users in vsftpd...When they create folder they cant make another in than folder, or for example they cant see files they upload in that directory...That write permision i try to change in their config file, with every combination of local_umask and file_open mode values..

Can anyone tell me how can i handle that...I want that virtual user who creates directory (in their root directory) have all privilages to thot folder and all content in that folder. Cant someone tell me how to do that?

Beans

Re: Virtul users permision for created folders

DO ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA? pls help me

Beans

Any suggestions?!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Well, what are the values for your local_umask and file_open options? When a user logs into the vsftpd server and makes that new directory successfully, does the configuration settings you placed for vsftpd get set for that new directory?

If you could also go through the steps a person does using your vsftpd and the end result of the uploaded file/directory in this post, that might help in the problem. Also, does vsftpd have any logs in /var/logs/ that you can share?

Thanks.
    ThisIsBryan: The Site | About Me
    HowTo: Setup Ubuntu Desktop with LVM Partitions WIKI
    Hardware Profile: Dell XPS 14z; 4GB DDR3 RAM; 700GB HD; Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6230; Intel i7 CPU @ 2.80 GHz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

secure uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alfamuzjak View Post
    Any suggestions?!
    Well, my standard suggestion in this would be to consider using SFTP instead of FTP. It's a lot more secure and far easier to configure. Most basic activities can be done without any modification to the configuration file at all. SFTP is part of the package OpenSSH-server.

That won't solve the FTP problem per se, but it would solve the problem of allowing secure uploads.