Page 14 of 235 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: [Boot-Repair] Graphical tool to repair the PC boot in one click

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Lightbulb Re: [Boot-Repair] Graphical tool to repair the PC boot in 1 clic !

Hello, I slightly simplified the interface, so that repair is now even faster: just 1 click !!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: [Boot-Repair] Graphical tool to repair the PC boot in 1 clic !

I have been using this tool Yann and do very much like it. Thanks for your work!

I ran into something today that made me wonder. I haven't yet figured it out but I'll bring it to your attention anyway. I have a number of Ubuntu based and other distros installed on this laptop. One of them is Oneiric and today I did an update of that while it was the controlling grub. I last installed grub using this tool and did use the feature of adding a kernel option.

When today's software update ran it again updated the kernel and did its update-grub process. I got a grub-pc error about a modified grub config file. One of my options was to have it show me the old and new files but choice of mine seems to have been ignored as it didn't display the files. That is one reason that I don't have this figured out yet fully.

I'll keep using this and will watch for any further occurrence of this. I'm in the process of making some changes to optimize and clean up my grub for a bunch of distros so I will be able to test this further.
    Jim
    Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946
    Precise, Fedora, Kororaa, Bodhi

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

My ubuntu lesson for the day.

Thank you for this tool! I finally wised up and put it into my live usb this morning when I lost my grub. I didn't realize I could simply add it to a live distro. Now as long as I don't forget which usb stick it's on and copy over it, I'm all set. I wish it was pre-installed to iso's, but this works just as well now that I know it. (I already had it on my permanent install to use after installing new iso's)

Thanks YannBuntu! It's a very useful tool.
    Last edited by critin; September 6th, 2011 at 03:12 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Arrow Re: [Boot-Repair] Graphical tool to repair the PC boot in 1 clic !

Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by critin View Post
    I wish it was pre-installed to iso's
    Indeed Boot-Repair is already pre-installed in several distros :
    - Ubuntu Secured : an Ubuntu CD with Boot-Repair and 2 other useful tools
    - Boot-Repair-Disk : a rescue CD
    - Hybryde : a distro that allows to change DE in 1 click without unlog !

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemist View Post
    I have been using this tool Yann and do very much like it.
    Happy it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemist View Post
    it didn't display the files.
    This is not related with Boot-Repair: the window asking if you want to keep the old conf file is normal (i think it appears each time grub-pc package is updated, on condition that you modified your /etc/default/grub, which is the case for you because you added a kernel option). But it should have displayed the 2 files, so I recommend you open a bug towards grub-pc (i don't remember the name of the configuration window that proposes "keep old or new conf file?", maybe "debconf" or something..).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by YannBuntu View Post
    Hi mosaic2s,

First I recommend you always check the md5 of the ISO you download, not only Boot-Repair-Disk but also other Ubuntu ISOs.
    The md5 of Boot-Repair-Disk ISO can be found by clicking on the (i) button of this page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/files/

(on this page you will also see that the ISO is about 350Mo

To calculate the md5 of your ISO, you can use the Check-File-Integrity tool: http://bipede.info/bipede/index.php?...file-integrity

Second point: USB DISK CREATOR utility within Ubuntu cannot create USB-disk of Debian. As Boot-Repair-Disk is based on Debian, you will have to use another tool, such as :
    - Lili USB Creator (http://www.linuxliveusb.com/), to be used from Windows only
    - or UnetBootin : can be used from Ubuntu (install the unetbootin package) or from Windows (http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/)
    The file size has changed indeed. that must be the problem at my end. however to download 350mb and then start over - it is easier to boot from existing CD and then install the boot-repair utility - takes hardly 5 min.

I used 2 methods to create live-usb - one from ubuntu - other tuxboot. both yielded same results. unetbootin has been modified to create tuxboot. it works for clonezilla. and should work for this also.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I did not know Tuxboot. Thanks for the feedback, i'll try it when i have time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly after I installed Win 7 on my computer with 10.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Talking Works on MINT 11

Domo Origato YannBuntu!

I had a screwed up Grub2 after a software upgrade on my MINT 11 64bit system, tried a manual repair and a purge and reinstall of GRUB with no luck.

Installed your Boot Repair utility into my Mint Live CD and it worked like a charm.

Beans

Really good tool Thanks!
    I used the live CD

boot-repair-disk
    http://sourceforge.net/p/boot-repair-cd/home/Home/

Beans

Question Is there a version of Boot Repair CD that uses the 3.0 kernel from Ubuntu 11.10 beta?

Greetings,

Is there a version of Boot Repair CD that uses the 3.0 kernel from Ubuntu 11.10 beta? A beta version?

Thanks

Page 14 of 235 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast