Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can I move the Unity Dock?

Beans

Re: Can I move the Unity Dock?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaphell View Post
    Make the ubuntu button a part of launcher not a part of top panel - problem solved. Or have both panel applet and launcher item invoking the dash and let user configure which one to use. It's not an insolvable problem, unless there is no will to tackle it.

seriously, this whole 'these are not the features you are looking for' approach shown by the ubuntu team is troublesome. I don't have anything against trying new stuff, but hardcoding everything against the wishes of users? Ubu team should create a set of defaults according to their vision but also should let the users decide even at the expense of consistency.
    At what point do they become no different than M$ and Apple, telling their users 'take it as it is or leave it'? I love how they try to make things simple and intuitive, especially as a new linux user, but even Windows allows you to move the taskbar and sidebar.

I keep accidentally opening Unity when using Firefox in fullscreen :/

Quote Originally Posted by Raman Varelse View Post
    At what point do they become no different than M$ and Apple, telling their users 'take it as it is or leave it'? I love how they try to make things simple and intuitive, especially as a new linux user, but even Windows allows you to move the taskbar and sidebar.

I keep accidentally opening Unity when using Firefox in fullscreen :/
    in b4 lock.
    Gnome classic FTW. There are literally a ton of options you have. Cinnamon. KDE, lxde, xfce, Gnome shell.. You can also auto-hide and set the sensitivity level and mouse over behaviour in unity. I don't see what the problem is

Beans

Very old thread
    It might be possible to move the taskbarbut i havn't tried it. But if you want a bottem launcher better to use lubuntu xbuntu which are lighter versions of ubuntu. Or use kubuntu or linux mint both use a more traditional interface.

Better to ask in a new thread if you want more help.
    pentium4 geforce 9400 1gb ram

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread without the rant. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123