Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Create a Enlightenment (E17) SVN PPA?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Create a Enlightenment (E17) SVN PPA?

My recommendation, start with bodhi and get good with E17. Then work on doing it on oneiric or something else. Bodhi still gives you much to customize and you can make it easy or very personal and detailed.
    I looked into Bodhi (10.04 Based) before installing the core packages from the software center . I have no interest in triple booting , so the core packages or PPA work the best for me . I do like using E17 from time to time , but who knows when it will be finished . That makes it hard for me to consider it as a contender for longterm use .
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Exclamation Re: Create a Enlightenment (E17) SVN PPA?

Update:
    I reinstalled my system and this e17, everything is working fine. I have no idea of what happened before.

Hi,
    I installed this e17 and I'm having a really bad experience :-/

I was using the e17 package from the repository and upgraded to this version. When I first started enlightenment after this there was a lot of errors of modules that I assumed was because differences of the versions but...

small problem:
    engage and "start everything aspell" give some error of date of configuration.

medium problem:
    - I cant access my configuration dialogs that need root access like: "advanced settings" in "user and groups"
    - Chrome doesn't know anymore with what programs it open files like downloaded pdf

BIG problem:
    no sound, somehow after this upgrade I'm out of the groups pulse and pulse-access. I'm not sure what more may have happened and including my user in these groups does not solve the problem.

All of these problem also occur in ubuntu classic (gnome) except my configuration setting that work just fine.

anyway, everything else worked just fine, a lot better than the old package. I'm glad someone did this ppa.
    Last edited by janosimas; October 10th, 2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: update

Beans

Thank you so much for this repository merlwiz79!

packages.enlightenment.org is horribly outdated, bodhi has no 64-bit packages (and I can't find their sources..?), plus I've been getting odd build error with easy_e17 script ever since upgrading to 11.10

You saved me from lot of trouble, thanks

Beans

I'm confused. I would like to try enlightenment.

Do I install the e17 package from the software centre first and then install the packages from the ppa?

I ask as there seems to be no "desktop" in the ppa.
    Xubuntu 11.10 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by rojaasensei View Post
    I'm confused. I would like to try enlightenment.

Do I install the e17 package from the software centre first and then install the packages from the ppa?

I ask as there seems to be no "desktop" in the ppa.
    Either one or the other , the PPA will give you a better E17 experience . The core packages in the software center will give you an idea of what E17 is like and are easy to remove .

I don't know if the PPA in this thread is still active so check it out first . There is an active PPA .
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hannes-janetzek/enlightenment-svn
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install e17
    If you have the resources and time try this out .http://bodhilinux.com/
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Thank you.
    I did look into Bodhi, downloaded the ISO.

Found out with the live CD and the forum that my Broadband (Broadcom) isn't very compatible
    Xubuntu 11.10 64 bit

Beans

Thanks for doing this Merlwiz. I've been using Enlightenment since I discovered it on my very first Slackware distro a decade ago and it has been a pain to keep Enlightenment up to date.

Beans

hmm.. I installed your packages and tried starting enlightenment, but my system hangs with no output, so I have to log into a virtual terminal and kill enlightenment. I'm going to compile my own enlightenment now and see if that works.
    -- Plaid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I don't know if the PPA in this thread is still active so check it out first . There is an active PPA .
    Code:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hannes-janetzek/enlightenment-svn
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install e17
    Is anyone else using the hannes-janetzek ppa? I have it working fine on 11.10, apart from some of the module updates being a day or so behind the core API.

It has not worked for me at all on 12.04 yet.

Anyone with different experiences? The hannes-janetzek ppa does not seem to be supported online anywhere and it might be worth opening a thread for it here if there is interest.
    Last edited by Tux Aubrey; April 29th, 2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: clarity
    Aubrey
    Make a difference with Kiva microloans.
    My (new) Arduino and Ubuntu Blog

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345