Thread: HELP, I can't sign in to Evolution

Beans

Angry HELP, I can't sign in to Evolution

I installed 11.04 a coupla weeks ago and I now all of a sudden I find that I cannot sign in to Evolution (I almost wrote Evilution, )anymore. What should I do to get to my emails?

Seriously considering to go back to 10.10. I think that version was a lot more stable and never gave me any grief.

THX for yoyr help,
    Bert Vester, Netherlands.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HELP, I can't sign in to Evolution

Have you run all available updates? There have been some that messed up evolution on my system too, but it was fixed the day after I believe.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Is this the first time you've tried to use Evolution since the upgrade?

An obvious question, but have you changed your email password?

If you provide a bit more info then you could get more specific help.

-Val
    "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
    -Voltaire

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi there glad thatt you are here!
    have you not only what is listed above but also...
    check on all the settings are you using gmail yahoo ect?
    after opening up evolution go to edit-->preferences is there any mis-spells also are the right ports open? I hope that this helps somehow but at any rate have fun with it!
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans

Hello Valiant, I see I should have provided more info. Normally, when I start my Evolution, it asks me to unlock my keyring. After that, I see my Inbox, I start receiving new mail and I can access my mailfolders. Now I just see a sort of blank Evolution screen with no mails or folders at all. Hitting the send/receive button doesn't help.

I don't want to start fiddling with password setting, because I am afraid I will only make it worse. What a drag! Never hyad this problem in 10.10!!

Thanks for all your help,
    Bert.

Beans

Is the .evolution folder still in your home directory?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Hey-

Wow. This is odd.

I assume that the password evolution prompts for is accepted. I'm not sure what you mean by saying evolution is 'blank,' but here's an idea: if you can see the folders on the right side of the evolution window, look for the "inbox" folder that's listed within the username you chose for your email account- e.g, if your email was person@example.com and you chose "person" as the name of the account, look under person-->inbox.

Maybe this'll help. I think that I'll be out of internet connection for the next week, so I won't be able to help for a while. Sorry.

Have fun!
    -Val
    "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
    -Voltaire