Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dell Lattitude D600 wireless

Beans

Re: Dell Lattitude D600 wireless

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Do what it says in post #26 and reboot. Enjoy.
    Yes yes yes. Do what is says to in post #26, reboot and enjoy. Thank you so much Joseph. I also now have a working & useful Latitude D600. After 2 days of wrestling with this wireless adapter, I finally have a garage laptop.

Beans

Smile Re: Dell Lattitude D600 wireless

I have fought this issue for days and finally a solution that is easy to follow and WORKS! Thanks all!

Beans

Re: Dell Lattitude D600 wireless

Quote Originally Posted by josephmills View Post
    This is what joseph wants you to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi there click on this link it will download you firmware and driver http://www.omattos.com/sites/default...all-fw.tar_.gz
    then after you downloaded it move to your ubuntu box then move it to you home folder then right click on your on your home folder not your download. now you want to create a folder called wireless then put the download in the folder. After that go back to your terminal and type in
    Code:
    sudo cp -r ~/wireless/* /lib/firmware/
    Code:
    cd /lib/firmware
    then
    Code:
    sudo -s
    then
    Code:
    tar -xzf b43-all-fw.tar_.gz
    then
    Code:
    exit
    then
    Code:
    sudo reboot
    tell us how it works out

but I still think that there is something funny going on here that has to do with the 4320 part
    That whole process was f'n A++++ It worked like a charm! I have tried everything, spent countless hours trying to get the damn wireless to work and this has been the ultimate solution for my DELL Latitude D600! There are countless posts on this subject I have read and this one is the cat's meooooooooooow LOL!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345