Thread: Fedora 15!!!

Beans

Fedora 15!!!

Do you think you're going to use/try it?

Do you usually use Fedora?

If you're already using it, what's your opinion?

How does it compare to the beta?

I'm going to go make a disc right now

Beans

Re: Fedora 15!!!

Already using it. I am using the KDE spin and I love it

Beans
    Hidden!

I have already got it installed on a laptop, but will have to wait for my backup to finish before I install it on my desktop. It's great, best Fedora release yet. There doesn't really seem to be much difference with the BETA (Isn't that a good thing? Shows all the bugs were fixed early on, unlike Ubuntu where they aren't fixed until after the release.) except for an annoying networking error that popped up on start up, but that was fixed a while ago.

I'm an Xfce spin user (but use FVWM as a desktop), so haven't really got an opinion regarding GNOME3. I tried it out for a few minutes in VirtualBox and it went to the fallback mode which seemed to be just a faster GNOME2 with different colour scheme and instead of right clicking to change the panels you do something else (ctrl+middle? I forget.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quite thinking about dual booting with Ubuntu 10.10, but paranoid about messing up partitions.

As expected, I always do backups... I just don't want to go through the trouble of messing stuff up to need to fix it *just* to run a second OS =p

If anyone has recommendations on how to painlessly do that, go ahead and tell.

Overall though, I love Shell. Fallback mode is nice too. The GNOME 3 applications like Empathy feel a bit more slick too. Love it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I downloaded it this morning and installed it a couple of hours ago. Gnome 3 looks nice, however I'm not sure I like it yet. May take some getting used to. I'm downloading the KDE spin right now, we'll see how that goes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I tried it to, didn't like it, I'll stay with gNatty.

Beans

Installed F15 and got past a wireless error.

LOVING IT!!!

Gnome 3 is actually quite pretty. Alt-Tab works as a relatively good replacement for a window list (at least for me, I'm a keyboard shortkey user). It'll take some getting used to, though...