I don't know what You did, so I'll try to write every step You need.
First of all, please make backup in case something go wrong.
Steps to do in terminal:
0. Don't even try to install nvidia drivers (if you really don't need nvidia graphic card).
1. Add xorg edgers and install newest xorg
2. Install XORG
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa && sudo apt-get update
3. For a second go away for terminal, and check updates (if you want you can of course check updates via apt-get):
sudo apt-get install xorg
- ALT-F2 -> update-manager -> check -> install updates if available
5. Open terminal
6. If You have git already installed that's cool, otherwise install git-core
9. 10. 11.
git clone http://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call.git
12. You probably switched off Your nvidia card!
sudo insmod acpi_call.ko
13. In my case calling all this acpi_methods, which are in test_off.sh, hangs up system sometimes.
So I prefer to leave only this one I need:
If You want this too, just edit test_off.sh and Your methods should look like this:
remember about quotes.
Hope this helps.
Suspend not always working, I've done suspending works on my XPS, but I'm not sure how I did this .