Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SMPlayer Alternative

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: SMPlayer Alternative

Strange, I have no problem going full screen, or going from full screen to normal size and back during playback. This maybe a stupid question but have you tried other videos?

EDITED: I misunderstood your question before, the fix is for transparent screen with only a small area showing the video in the middle.
    Last edited by beew; May 28th, 2011 at 10:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

ok good tip works (der Shan could have thought of trying that mayhaps) why would that one not work is still a mystery but thanx
    Last edited by shantiq; May 29th, 2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    Playing with Slackware too now ...
    ShanArt

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Yeah I guess it has something to do with the way the video is encoded, I have one video clip that VLC would play but Smplayer just wouldn't, but it plays fine when I changed vo from vdpau to xv.

Beans

Figured out what was the problem here w/ local files ( not the actual cause yet..
    Because i' trying some changes to unity and do a fresh install quite often have been installing mplayer from the mplayer daily ppa vs. building.
    Apparently, at least on this hardware, umplayer has some issue with local files and the ppa's source/build
    I think it may have something to do with caching.
    screen 1 shows trying to play a .flac - controls are inactive, umplayer is frozen, cpu use is off to the races, but the flac plays.

Installing the 11.04 mplayer and all is fine - screen 2
    I guess I'll try an mplayer build and see...

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

well all things considered a star is born i guess altho is is 80 to 90 % smplayer really but with knobs on that youtube feature really is the t*ts ; i am making it my number 1 now since VLC is still being a little bitch on my natty install , A/V sync problem on almost all video files; never has happened before

the repository version goes into freeze of the whole system with constant crunch buzz in the tower and the twoflower 1.2 gives the A/V sync thing so grateful for the new kid on the bloc
    and to second Andrew on that SMplayer still rocks but for my taste always feels like it has some "unfinished" aspects

hotkeys a nightmare when they even work
    screenshot elusive almost always
    but then it has the "pick up where you left off" video function and to me that is gold

VLC could really do with that one
    Still hunting for the perfect player; but hey those are close and we all realize the thousands of coding hours they have required
    Linux is Latin for off-the-beaten-track
    what I like MOST about our Ubuntu ... The Community ie 50 brains are better than one
    Playing with Slackware too now ...
    ShanArt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234