Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on Sabayon (Gentoo based)

Beans

Re: Opinions on Sabayon (Gentoo based)

I used Sabayon as my prime system for many months, upgraded a couple of times, then Sabayon created a release that did not support my hardware anymore (which was the reason why I had to leave Ubuntu). Thankfully this is what caused me to find Arch, where I have lived very happily ever after.

Beans
    Hidden!

Very strange... I have tried Sabayon a few times and once I had issues updating the system... launched the IRC channel which was linked on the desktop and got quick friendly assistance with my issue... all and all it was a very positive experience.

If I ever decide to go for a rolling release Sabayon would be my number one choice...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I tried the live cd which I thought was good, but after install, I didn't care for the package management much.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
    I tried the live cd which I thought was good, but after install, I didn't care for the package management much.
    It was when they first started bringing in their "new" package management system that I got the very serious black screen of death, very early in the boot process.

The Sabayon forum (which was good back in those days) couldn't help me, & I couldn't be bothered waiting for a fix, so I moved on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12