Thread: Key Board Volume Control in 11.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Smile Key Board Volume Control in 11.04

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard (model K320)that has volume controls on it. I used this keyboard with 10.11 and had no problems adjusting volume. Now with 11.04 when I hit the up volume button the sounds goes right to 100% when it should move up in steps. Is this a software problem with pulse audio or with the keyboard. The keyboard is only 3 months old and worked fine up till now. Any help would be appreciated. Note- Have changed batteries so I know they are good.
    CyberPower Gamer Ultra 7209 | AMD Athlon II X2 240 | 6 GB RAM | 1000GB & 500GB SATA-II HD
    ATI Radeon HD4550 | HP 2430 Printer | Ubuntu 11.04 | Windows 7 | ViewSonic VA703b Monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Key Board Volume Control in 11.04

Quote Originally Posted by alienexplorers View Post
    I have a Logitech wireless keyboard (model K320)that has volume controls on it. I used this keyboard with 10.11 and had no problems adjusting volume. Now with 11.04 when I hit the up volume button the sounds goes right to 100% when it should move up in steps. Is this a software problem with pulse audio or with the keyboard. The keyboard is only 3 months old and worked fine up till now. Any help would be appreciated. Note- Have changed batteries so I know they are good.
    I just tried this (after reading your post) with my IOGEAR wireless keyboard. The volume down jumps me to 0% sound, and the volume up jumps me to 100% sound.

So this is a change in behavior with Natty (your keyboard is fine).

I don't have a solution for you at this time.

The Hedge

Look at all those flashing lights! I'll take one!

The Ubuntu Forums - our little Global Village

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I just have a plain keyboard so I've assigned Ctrl-Down and Ctrl-Up to control the volume using keyboard shortcuts. That works OK in 11.04 - in small steps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

It may just be a problem with the way the shortcut keys were automatically assigned. Try re-assigning them in the shortcuts program. It might correct the problem. It's worth a try at least.
    Dell Vostro, 6GB RAM, Intel Core i5 (Sandy Bridge) @ 2.5GHz, ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail