Thread: High Contrast Mode Shortcut with 11.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

High Contrast Mode Shortcut with 11.04?

Hello,

What happened to the high-contrast mode in 11.04 that came standard on versions past? I know in 10.10 before I could hit SUPER + M and it made everything high-contrast. I had a vitreous haemorrhage a few weeks ago, and I find it really difficult to read standard black-on-white, especially on the computer, for a long period of time. I have enabled the high-contrast theme but this does nothing for web pages.

Does anyone have any pointers? If not, I'll have to order a 10.10 disc because at the moment it is just too difficult to read standard computers for very long.

Thanks!
    BA, Jewish Studies and Political Science; B.Sc., Chemistry - University of Washington - in progress
    Ubuntu Registered User 23646 | Linux Registered User 565253

Beans
    Distro

Re: High Contrast Mode Shortcut with 11.04?

Found that I can add a universal access button to the panel, but unfortunately when I click "Add to Panel" and type in universal access, nothing shows up.

This is a pretty big step backwards in terms of accessibility. I admit that I never used high contrast before the haemorrhage but I find it essential in reading long articles and emails. I find it kind of amazing that the makers of Ubuntu would change a keyboard related to accessibility for visually impaired people (who are known to rely much more on keyboard shortcuts) at all, and then not to have anything easily findable with Google just adds insult to injury. /end kvetch*

*My apologies for kvetching as I know these are just friendly support forums. But that needed to be said.
    BA, Jewish Studies and Political Science; B.Sc., Chemistry - University of Washington - in progress

Beans
    Distro

I found what the help guide said but it is not the high contrast I'm talking about. High contrast is when black on white becomes white on black, for example. That is really what I need.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu