Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I wonder how many people are using a windows machine to look at this forum

Beans

I wonder how many people are using a windows machine to look at this forum

Hi,

Just a funny thought ... I would love to look at the Google Analytics to see how many people are posting right now on a windows or mac machine and see how this compares to Ubuntu users.

Interesting statistic.
    Site:http://timszaboblog.com - Linux / Web Development / Ecommerce

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: I wonder how many people are using a windows machine to look at this forum

right now I am on a windows box, using a virtualized Lucid instance in VBox using Seamless mode. I love Seamless; a lot of the time, I don't need to remember what OS I'm on in any given window.
    Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by timZZ View Post
    Hi,

Just a funny thought ... I would love to look at the Google Analytics to see how many people are posting right now on a windows or mac machine and see how this compares to Ubuntu users.

Interesting statistic.
    In the subject you say "look" but in your post you say "posting".

I often read the forum on my Windows laptop especially if I'm half-watching TV but I would only post if I really felt the need to. Mostly I use Ubuntu on my main PC though, details as per my signature.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

On this laptop which is dualboot Ubuntu & Vista I boot in to Windows about once a fortnight to get the Vista updates. On those occasions I'll read / post here from Windows.

(Which makes me wonder why I keep Vista on here!!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Most people checking the forums from work would be doing so on a Windows box, so I'd guess quite a few.

Beans
    Hidden!

>9000

Sorry, had to be said.
    Code:
    while true; do echo -n "RiceMonster "; done
    Best thread ever

Beans

Browsing the forum on my Blackberry Bold.
    Glenn