Thread: Freeze after RTL8185 Wireless adapter installation.

Beans

Freeze after RTL8185 Wireless adapter installation.

Hello mates,

I have installed the driver for the Realtek RTL8185 Wireless LAN adapter as specified in the "Readme" :

Code:
    <<Method 1>>
    Running the scripts can finish all operations of building up modules from source code and start the nic:
        1. Build up the drivers from the source code
            make

2. Install the driver to the kernel
            make install
            reboot

3. bring up wlan if nic is not brought up by GUI, such as NetworkManager
            ifconfig wlan0 up

Note: use ifconfig to check whether wlan0 is brought up and use iwconfig to check your wlan interface name,
            since it may change wlan0 to wlan1,etc.
    I also executed this commands dictated by the "Readme":
    Code:
    iwlist wlan0

iwconfig wlan0 AP ESSID
    I executed other commands that I don't remember but that was about it. Rebooted.

But to no avail. Now my Ubuntu 9.10 installation is not booting properly(it freezes at the load of the Gnome interface's desktop). What can I do?
    Ubuntu 9.04 | Intel Celeron D 2.26 Ghz, 256 KB L2 Cache | 2 GB RAM | Motherboard ECS 661 GX-M | Nvidia Geforce 6200 AGP | USB Lambda Lexicon audio interface.

Beans

Re: Freeze after RTL8185 Wireless adapter installation.

Has anybody any idea what steps to follow. First time a driver or configuration modification causes this to the normal Ubuntu boot.
    Ubuntu 9.04 | Intel Celeron D 2.26 Ghz, 256 KB L2 Cache | 2 GB RAM | Motherboard ECS 661 GX-M | Nvidia Geforce 6200 AGP | USB Lambda Lexicon audio interface.

Beans

Re: Freeze after RTL8185 Wireless adapter installation.

By the way, my wireless internet connection works on the same computer while running the Windows XP SP3 service pack and it's respective driver.