Thread: Trying to recover Data.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Angry Trying to recover Data.

Ok here is the problem I had Ubuntu install on my Desktop and well it recently died a horrible smoky death. The good news is the Hard Drive it fin the bad news it that the home directory is encrypted. I do have a laptop that is running Ubuntu 11.04 to but it's on it's last legs to and a fully working Mac running 10.4. My question: is there a way to mount the encrypted directory on either my Mac or my laptop. Or is there a way to decrypt the directory (on of corse the Desktop hard drive)so I can gain access to the data on the hard drive. I have run the searches on this board and others to see if anyone has been able to do it and found a few witch I have tried but didn't work for me. Right now I have the drive in a USB 2.0 external case and tried to mount the disk using mount -t encrypt instruction I found her on the board but my root nautilus is just sitting there with the busy cursor. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Trying to recover Data.

I tried this before without any luck. also interested in how to.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Trying to recover Data.

You may be able to recover your data using the Natty Live CD, follow the directions here