Thread: Unknown filesystem in Thunar

Beans

Unknown filesystem in Thunar

I've upgraded to Xfce 4.8, and now have an additional hard drive in my Thunar side pane--a hard disk that as far as I know does not exist!

A 6.4 GB filesystem shows up in the side panel (see the first attachment), even though I don't have a 6.4 GB internal hard drive or partition (I do have a 5.9 GB partition for / ) and no external hard drive is currently attached to my computer.

If I try to (un)mount or eject it by clicking on the drive icon or the eject button, I always get an error message the filesystem failed to mount because a "Daemon is inhibited" (see second attachment).

That filesystem never showed up in the old Thunar (that came with Xfce 4.6).

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Unknown filesystem in Thunar

I had a similar problem when I formatted an external hard drive - check and see if it shows up in Gparted or whatever Disk Utility you are using, to make sure it actually doesn't exist.
    Really, on the one day I don't have an operating system in my pocket?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ManualSparrow View Post
    check and see if it shows up in Gparted or whatever Disk Utility you are using, to make sure it actually doesn't exist.
    I checked that before I posted. I don't have a partition that size, and all the partitions I do have are used and accounted for.

Beans

Thinking that perhaps there might have been some conflict with configuration files of older Thunar versions, I removed all those. I still get the error message, but now it says "Authentication is required." (instead of "Daemon is inhibited")

So I tried to run Thunar as root to figure out what the filesystem is, and noticed the filesystem does not show up when I run as Thunar as root.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Have you tried looking for it in the disk utility and/or a different file manager? (PCMan FM is faster than Thunar surprisingly, so you could easily justify checking it out).
    Really, on the one day I don't have an operating system in my pocket?

Beans

I did. No other file manager shows it, neither does GParted, nor does Thunar when run as root.