Page 110 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1770

Thread: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Updated gNatty Pack

Hi aeronutt,

An autohide extension is included in the pack, same one as a matter of fact.

That one will work "out of the box" with the other extensions, no conflicts that I found. (or remember)

aeronutt is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Thanks!!! I just installed it....it's a little odd in how it works, might just be me. But I'm happy to get that vertical screen space back!

Now, if I could just get rid of that big fat titlebar on Firefox, I'd be happy.

Beans
    Distro

What do you find odd? The fact that you have to double click to activate it?

Know what you mean about Firefox, I usually use Chromium but have spending more time with Firefox lately. Too much padding in the title bar. If you find a way to mod that please let me know.

Beans

re autohide, for some reason, I have to click the bar to get it to hide. For example, if I open firefox or chrome, it opens with the bar in view, then I tap the bar with my mouse, and poof, it goes away and firefox expands into the empty space.

Seems other windows operate a bit different. Nautilus seems to work 'as expected'.

Autohide seems to have slowed down all the other window graphics too.

Beans
    Distro

Might want to try the http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/inde...t-1295800.html export CLUTTER_VBLANK=none trick, put it in /etc/environment or try it from command line first. Don't know if it will have any effect but worth a try.

Beans

I have an Intel integrated graphics, so I hoped this would help. Gnome shell was always a tad slow for me. Worst is the logoff pull down, sometimes takes 2 seconds to pop up. And after adding the autohide extension, now everything in the shell is very jumpy and eratic.

I tried adding "export CLUTTER_VBLANK=none" in /etc/environment, but no improvement.

Really doesn't make sense that my new intel i3 processor with integrated graphics can't handle this.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by aeronutt View Post
    I have an Intel integrated graphics, so I hoped this would help. Gnome shell was always a tad slow for me. Worst is the logoff pull down, sometimes takes 2 seconds to pop up. And after adding the autohide extension, now everything in the shell is very jumpy and eratic.

I tried adding "export CLUTTER_VBLANK=none" in /etc/environment, but no improvement.

Really doesn't make sense that my new intel i3 processor with integrated graphics can't handle this.
    Bulldog gave me a link some pages ago that the /etc/environment file isn't read correctly. Try adding that export command to your ~/.profile file.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sanderd17 View Post
    Bulldog gave me a link some pages ago that the /etc/environment file isn't read correctly. Try adding that export command to your ~/.profile file.
    Initial results look promising!!! I'll use this for a day and make sure. Awesome, THANKS!!!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cbowman57 View Post
    What do you find odd? The fact that you have to double click to activate it?

Know what you mean about Firefox, I usually use Chromium but have spending more time with Firefox lately. Too much padding in the title bar. If you find a way to mod that please let me know.
    I use google-chrome which basically,in my understanding,is the same as chromium.
    In the preferences is an option called Personal Stuff,here you could choose to hide the title-bar.

It's at the bottom of the screenshot,hope you can read it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Resistance is futile.....you will be assimilated!

Registered Linux User 418427.
    #Ubuntu User 3226#

Beans

And odd problem. My truecrypt GUI no longer has the menu options at the top. It's blank. (See below, I'm missing the things circled in red at the top.) Any ideas?

Page 110 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast