Page 127 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1770

Thread: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

@cbowman: I installed this distro tonight, awesome! Only 1 issue I'm having. After I install it and run a bunch of updates via update-manager and reboot it, I seem to be having a problem with my ALT+F2 dialog. I get a command not found error whenever I try to type anything in EXCEPT for shell commands. For instance, if I type "gksudo gedit" (without quotes) it tells me "Command Not Found" with a little red circle with a dash in the middle. Any ideas? It works before the updates.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@prmcafee

I'm having the same problem, not sure what update caused it, thought it was gnome-shell but I downgraded and the problem still existed. I'm afraid we're at the mercy of the folks upstream.

I have my setup from the other day cloned, I'm almost tempted to reinstall it and disable all the ppa's & repositories, but I'll probably wait it out.

If you find a solution please check back in & share it with us. I'm sure just about everybody using gNatty or UGR is affected right now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by cbowman57 View Post
    @prmcafee

I'm having the same problem, not sure what update caused it, thought it was gnome-shell but I downgraded and the problem still existed. I'm afraid we're at the mercy of the folks upstream.

I have my setup from the other day cloned, I'm almost tempted to reinstall it and disable all the ppa's & repositories, but I'll probably wait it out.

If you find a solution please check back in & share it with us. I'm sure just about everybody using gNatty or UGR is affected right now.
    Right now I just enabled synapse to start at login, which works for now until this issue is fixed.

By the way another issue I found was that the session kept defaulting to Ubuntu Unity. I played with the desktop files in /usr/share/xsessions, and managed to remove the Unity entry and set it just for gnome-shell. I can spell out the details in another reply if you would like.

Beans
    Distro

Interesting, mine defaults to GNOME, I did it by changing Login Screen. Did you upgrade the gdm?

Either way that would be something useful to post.

I've had synapse mapped to my menu key for so many installations that I feel lost without it. I have been trying to use alt+f2 for more than restarting the desktop or to use looking glass lately though, if not for that I may have not even noticed it quit working correctly.

Just had a thought, wonder if the breakage of alt+f2 is related to Ubuntu trying to fix the path bug that gets introduced with gdm 3.0?
    Last edited by cbowman57; July 1st, 2011 at 03:43 AM. Reason: gdm bug ??

Beans
    Distro

Just thought I'd get the thread back up to the top
    I'm running out of disk space on my old gNatty v1 so I thought I would dump some stuff that I thought was crap which I never use like braseo and lib-office and some French and Russian language files, got a half-a-gig back but took out stuff and would not boot so had to scroll back to see what happened and ended up puting most of it back in
    Bummer !

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans
    Hidden!

No problems with ALT F2 in the 64bit version [v3],everything works as it should.
    Have to say,no ricotz ppa,and upgraded GDM to 3.0.
    But no updates for the Shell either,just qbittorrent and flashplayer plugin.
    Resistance is futile.....you will be assimilated!

Registered Linux User 418427.
    #Ubuntu User 3226#

Beans
    Distro

Hey Cecil, you might want to run bleachbit for some cleanup. It will get you some space back.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sanderd17 View Post
    Just saw that, might be the reason torrent traffic is shooting up. Pretty cool, Andrew tried v2 but ran into problems, it was a complicated release. Glad he gave it a second look, and apparently it's running in VM ok.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    No problems with ALT F2 in the 64bit version [v3],everything works as it should.
    Have to say,no ricotz ppa,and upgraded GDM to 3.0.
    But no updates for the Shell either,just qbittorrent and flashplayer plugin.
    I think a decision needs to be made after initial installation. Do what I do, activate everything & do frequent updates until it breaks, or disable those extra ppa's and maintain maximum stability.

I think you made a good decision choosing more long term stability.

Page 127 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast