Page 176 of 177 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1770

Thread: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Beans

Re: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

I put 3 options in the dock ..... very clean and quick ......

Firefox
    File Manager
    Terminal

The other applications I get from the applications menu ...... either in cairo-dock or top left activities main menu ......

I like options .... and no matter where my mouse is a menu is not far away ...... very quick to
    use this way .... and no un neccessary thinking about where things are .......

Speed of use is my main objective ......

A mouseover and 1 click to get whatever you want or need ...... and hardly any typing ......

Loving the start of the new project already ...... like a kid with a new toy ......

UNITY does not give me any inspiration to do anything with it ...... its purely a devs toy they have full control over it and hardly gives any control to the user. ( thats why its not on every other system like GS is )

Exact opposite with Gnome-Shell ...... very open and I can see it developing fast .... with a world of people interested in helping too ......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just messing around with my gnome only minimal installation.

Really can't figure out what people miss about Gnome 2.

Screenshot at 2011-10-23 19:13:58.jpg

Beans

I know what you mean Gnome 2 to Gnome 3 ..... it takes a little time to adapt to new ways but once you do then the fun begins
    all over ...... spent yesterday messing about with multiple drives and although I managed two installs of RIOME ...... neither are finding the boot drive ....... something to do with a raid drive I have on here.

May take a copy onto the laptop today and try that out ....

Last edited by 23dornot23d; October 24th, 2011 at 01:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Another funny observation, people are going on about gnome 2 like it self-destructs on a schedule. For the truly dedicated gnome 2 user I bet people will be running it for years.

Have you noticed how fast themes & extensions are coming out? Having Ubuntu users adopt G-S is going to be a real catalyst.

Off to search for the nomodeset switch, going to try & resurrect my Riome installation today.

Beans

Ok yep always wondered why people get so attached to systems ...... but can feel it happening here with
    GS ..... maybe the ones who are really attached to Gnome2 had a lot of input into it ...... so do not want to let it go ...... as you say it will be around for years to come .....

Ok manged to get RIOME installed and am typing from it now ....... get yours resurrected and we can start playing again ....

no idea why raid is so odd ....... if I unplug the RAID drive ..... my grub will install properly ...... but with it plugged in throws syntax errors ....... think it may be something to do with one of the installs on there ....

But I have Kanotix ,Debian, Slackware, Arch-Bang and Riome now on the raid drive ........ good thing by unplugging keeps my Arch install safe ....... because I have grown to like that one very much .....

RIOME is on an External Hard drive now ...... so can be taken to plug into my laptop after ....... and set up dual screen.
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; October 24th, 2011 at 03:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Started a new thread to share gnome shell 3.2 setups.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...0#post11391910

Beans
    Distro

Interesting news, Remastersys is in active development again.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1870607

Beans

In case anyone is interested there is another Oneiric gnome shell remix out there 32 and 64 bit by Jan Hoffmann. I have been running the 32 bit (installed) and it runs well. It comes with no extensions (I added the webupd8 ppa). Here is the link:

http://ubuntu-gs-remix.sourceforge.net/

Beans
    Distro

@wlake, I saw that mentioned somewhere yesterday, thanks for the link.

Beans
    Distro

Unless there are objections I intend to remove the last of the gNatty iso's from linuxtracker within a few days.

Page 176 of 177 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177 LastLast