Page 109 of 177 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1770

Thread: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Congrats to you,cbowman57,this looks like the one I was waiting for.

Downloaded the ISO and installed it a few minutes ago,and it looks great.
    A few little things are not how they should be,namely the kovtray extension is still display large icons in the notification area,but it LOOKS VERY GOOD!!

But basically it installed and runs fine,no problems and I'm happy you did pack the goodies apart from the ISO.

Thumbs up,and you should be proud of this release
    Resistance is futile.....you will be assimilated!

Registered Linux User 418427.
    #Ubuntu User 3226#

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thank you bulldog, thought I'd altered kovtray that went into the package but apparently I picked it from the wrong partition. Very simple matter to adjust icon size in the kovtray extension.js

Adjust the number that is in bold.

Code:
    function main(metadata) {
            MessageTray.MessageTray.prototype._setExpandedSummaryItem = function (summaryItem) { };
            MessageTray.Source.prototype.ICON_SIZE = 24;
    }
    24 looks nice on my system but you might want to experiment with different sizes.

I'm no java script programmer but I've found that it's pretty easy to make minor changes to the extensions & even the shell itself with a little poking around.

I am extremely happy with this version & glad to get some feedback on how it works for other people. I think the approach I took with the themes & extensions is in line with some of the suggestions received and discussions we've had. Going to try and work on the 32-bit version next week, a couple days later than I'd planned. Think I'll call it v3.1 since I didn't make notes, so while I want an exact duplicate of this one, I'm certain to have a minor change or two.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cbowman57 View Post
    Thank you bulldog, thought I'd altered kovtray that went into the package but apparently I picked it from the wrong partition. Very simple matter to adjust icon size in the kovtray extension.js

Adjust the number that is in bold.

Code:
    function main(metadata) {
            MessageTray.MessageTray.prototype._setExpandedSummaryItem = function (summaryItem) { };
            MessageTray.Source.prototype.ICON_SIZE = 24;
    }
    24 looks nice on my system but you might want to experiment with different sizes.

I'm no java script programmer but I've found that it's pretty easy to make minor changes to the extensions & even the shell itself with a little poking around.

I am extremely happy with this version & glad to get some feedback on how it works for other people. I think the approach I took with the themes & extensions is in line with some of the suggestions received and discussions we've had. Going to try and work on the 32-bit version next week, a couple days later than I'd planned. Think I'll call it v3.1 since I didn't make notes, so while I want an exact duplicate of this one, I'm certain to have a minor change or two.
    You should be happy with this release indeed.
    The kovtray and how to change I picked up earlier in the tread,so no problem to fix.
    I will test this further tomorrow because I haven't time today,but as I said the install and all was of high standard no problems and after install the graphics driver I could log into Gnome.
    Installed the goodies one by one and it worked smoothly.

Have to change a few parts here and there to suit my taste,but that's personal,everybody should be able to install this,you don't have to be an experienced user to do so.
    And that's GREAT,now we have to spread the word to get people to use it,it's worth it,thank you again for sharing this.

#Ubuntu User 3226#

Beans
    Hidden!

First screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

#Ubuntu User 3226#

Beans
    Distro

New extension from fpmurphy

Finn quietly deposited a really cool extension the other day in his repository called statusbuttoncss.

It's primary function was to reduce the icon padding of the status icons & make them more closely approximate the spacing of the icons displayed by the eureka extension (at least I think that was his intent since he's been silent on the subject). I found that I could improve the aesthetics even further with a little editing.

Code:
    this._iconActor = new St.Icon({ icon_name: iconName,
                                            icon_type: St.IconType.FULLCOLOR,
                        icon_size: Main.panel.button.get_child().height,
    By changing the text from SYMBOLIC to FULLCOLOR they can be made to use your icon theme. By adding the text in line 3 they inherit the size of your other panel icons. I think it's a really nice extension & hope some of you might find a use for it also.

While I feel that most of these extensions add a lot of gnome 2 functionality I think they also enhance gnome 3.0 and show how configurable it is.

I've added an image showing the result of using this extension with the modifications I've described.

BTW, to remove my username from the status menu I comment out the lines as shown here in statusMenu.js

Code:
        _updateUserName: function() {
          //  if (this._user.is_loaded)
          //    this._name.set_text(this._user.get_real_name());
          //  else
    (Currently lines 108-110)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cbowman57; June 18th, 2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Image

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    First screenshot
    Damn! That looks good.

What can I say, I tend to gravitate to dark themes, easy on my eyes. Cant wait to see what people do with it. I posted a shot over on Webupd8 the other day and one response was something to the effect, "that's not gnome 3.0".

It's really been a pleasure sharing this with you guys.

Beans
    Hidden!

I think you are right about the usability of the extensions,BUT if you get them all at once,it could be a bit over whelming,but that's only my opinion.
    I add a few which I find useful at the time and when I get the feeling I miss something,I look if there's an extension which I can use.
    I find GS3 usable as it is,you have to learn to do things different,but if you get used to it,it's very nice indeed.
    With the shortcuts you can do anything you want,and the extensions at hand CAN give you the extra help you need,but I have no intention to make a clone of gnome2 on my desktop.

#Ubuntu User 3226#

Beans
    Distro

Updated gNatty Pack

Updated gNatty Pack, cleaned up some backup text files, reduced default icon size in kovtray extension. Added the fpmurphy statusbuttoncss extension (modified).

Also made the extensions available without downloading entire gNatty Pack. (400Kb instead of the whole 10Mb)

Is anyone having a problem setting up the weather extension for their locale?
    Last edited by cbowman57; June 19th, 2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: weather extension question

Beans
    Distro

UGR update

ugr.png
    If you updated today you are essentially running an enhanced version of UGR 0.3.0 "Centaurus". UGR Home page link
    Last edited by cbowman57; June 19th, 2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Playing with [image]

aeronutt is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Updated gNatty Pack

Quote Originally Posted by cbowman57 View Post
    Updated gNatty Pack, cleaned up some backup text files, reduced default icon size in kovtray extension. Added the fpmurphy statusbuttoncss extension (modified).

Also made the extensions available without downloading entire gNatty Pack. (400Kb instead of the whole 10Mb)

Is anyone having a problem setting up the weather extension for their locale?
    Awesome! Thanks!

I'd been searching for 'autohide' for the top bar, and found a few who seemed to have been successful in other distros. Here's a few examples:
    http://fedora.rasmil.dk/blog/?p=253
    http://www.webupd8.org/2011/06/autoh...extension.html

Any one know of gnome3 top panel autohide for ubuntu?

EDIT: wait...that last one looks like it's from fpmurphy
    Last edited by aeronutt; June 19th, 2011 at 07:09 PM.

Page 109 of 177 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast