Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
Did you slow down the speed (which also changes the pitch) or just the tempo (which leaves the pitch alone but, for me, leaves a stuttery sound)?

(I am using Audacity, by the way.)

I've attached two files, being the first 2.3 seconds slowed down by 90%. One is slowed speed, and the other slowed tempo.

I have searched the help but don't know how to increase the low tones. Please share how you did it.
I meant speed (pitch affected).
About the tones, just full-open the lower 1/3 of your equalizer (i forgot where it is in audacity).

The reason i said about the file format is because mp3'll cut off the lowest tones, you may not hear them, but they add one key feeling.

I used mixxx (load the mp3 file, set the pitchslider's range to 90% and fully drag it down; used the 3rd eq knob (a.k.a. Low tones) of the deck set to the 3 o'clock (where 12 is the default/center position) and turned on recording.).
Combine that with speakers whose bass speaker alone is the size of my face (the entire thing is the size of a chair) and a good amp; i could even see the bass move back and forth very slowly but very far on some tones.