Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unity Launcher won't hide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Unhappy Unity Launcher won't hide

I've just installed Ubuntu 11.04 and have come across a strange bug, where after using Ubuntu for a while, the launcher suddenly appears and will not hide. This occurs when my mouse is no where near the launcher. I have a duel screen display.

This is very annoying as the launcher appears above the windows I am working on as shown in the screenshot:
    bug.jpg

I have tried changing the launcher hide options in ccsm but it doesn't seem to make any difference. At the moment it is set to autohide.

Has anyone else come across this?

Beans

Re: Unity Launcher won't hide

This could be a bug, see also http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...+launcher+hide for someone with a similair issue.

Trying closing some applications to see if that solves it.

I have created bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/779802 for this. Please comment with your details.
    Last edited by stimpie; May 9th, 2011 at 10:27 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Do you have the CompizConfig Settings manager installed and the Unity Plugin ticked? If so, then click the Unity Plugin and look at the line that says Hide Launcher. You will have the option to, Never, Autohide, Dodge Windows, Dodge Active Window.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Thanks I have commented on the bug, although it seems a bit different as my bug is not limited to Java applications. I suspect it is something to do with Duel screens and it detecting the mouse over the launcher when it isn't. I've just noticed the clock on one of my screens is trailing off the end of the screen, which may be a related issue (first time it's happened)

Beans

Same problem here, although it only ever occurs when Libreoffice is running. When I quit Libreoffice, the launcher happily hides itself straight away.

Beans
    Distro

I experience the same thing as daveybuntu - Running Calc and Firefox, with the plugin set to "Dodge windows" in CCSM. Although it doesn't happen consistently, so there might be slightly more to it.

Beans
    Distro

Yes the problem is the same as Daveybuntu for me. Seems to be caused by libreoffice-calc as the launcher hides itself when calc is closed

Beans

I can confirm it also, Libreoffice Calc running didn't let the launcher autohide. Does not happen often, sometimes the launcher autohides when Calc is running with no problems.

Beans

I can confirm this behaviour, but not sure if it is from LibreOffice being open, because it still hung there after I closed it. I was able to get the launcher to hide after closing a bunch of open applications, not sure which one it was.

Beans
    Distro

I have the same problem. I set it to auto-hide in Compiz and it seems to occur either when running Libreoffice or Clementine (music player). Do they have any structural similarities?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast