Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minimal install broken

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Minimal install broken

Has anyone else got everything working on their minimal installs ?
    It's okay, I'm a limo driver

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MooPi View Post
    Thanks for the info and will attempt a fresh install today testing the Ctrl+Alt+F1 solution. Read the bug report and seems this bug is pervasive and not entirely fixed as yet. Keep the feedback coming and any news on a fix.

Performed the install today. Everything went smooth except for one small detail, my sound is fubar'd.

Sound is fixed. For some reason I was not part of the audio group and didn't have sound card privileges, weird right ?
    Now my last bug to fix is the auto mount or hot plug of usb and external drives.
    Nobody should part of the audio group:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/TheAudioGroup
    A solution is to use a login manager (like lxdm). It manages all the consolekit/policykit stuff and so you'll have the right privileges (audio, mounting, ...). It worked for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by gatewayasteroid View Post
    Nobody should part of the audio group:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/TheAudioGroup
    A solution is to use a login manager (like lxdm). It manages all the consolekit/policykit stuff and so you'll have the right privileges (audio, mounting, ...). It worked for me.
    Okay I took this info and installed jackd2 and pulseaudio and removed myself from the audio group only to loose sound again. I am using a login manager as well, (xdm). I have since reverted to the original config of my system to enable sound. Any other suggestions would be welcome.
    It's okay, I'm a limo driver

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MooPi View Post
    Okay I took this info and installed jackd2 and pulseaudio and removed myself from the audio group only to loose sound again. I am using a login manager as well, (xdm). I have since reverted to the original config of my system to enable sound. Any other suggestions would be welcome.
    Did you try LXDM as a login manager? It worked with me, even if I'm using Express Linux now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12