Thread: Can't watch videos online?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Can't watch videos online?

For some reason I can't watch online videos anymore, the 'video boxes' don't load at all I'm just left with a blank space where the video should be. As far as I know I haven't changed my settings in anyway, the only thing I could think of would be that I blocked flash cookies a while back - but I have watched videos online since then..

I'm confused, any help appreciated
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Can't watch videos online?

What browser are you using? What Flash version is installed?

If you are using Firefox, maybe you have AddBlockPlus installed? This effectively kills adds, but they tend to be the first thing you see in videos (they go away too) and then the site doesn't allow you to see the video.

PS... ahem .. the Manifesto ... haven't seen that in cca 17 years now...
    Don't ask what your company can do for you.
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!

Beans
    Distro

Sorry being retarded, yes I'm using firfox and have Adblock installed but its never been a problem before. So I wouldn't think that is what has been causing it..
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for

Beans
    Distro

Okay, in AddBlockPlus, open the blocked items list (Ctrl+Shift+V or from the menu) and check which are in conflict...

A faster way to check if that is the problem is to disable ABP for that site temporarily - if that works, edit your blocklist.

Sometimes, you have to see the commercial to see the video afterwards.
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!

Beans
    Distro

Have tried this, ABP isn't the issue here =/

Beans
    Distro

Okay, have you tried Flash Aid? It is a plugin, that helps install the latest flash plugin.

Normally if flash videos have a problem, the problem is 25% blocked videos, 65% bad flash install and 10% other reasons ...
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!