Thread: analog scanning

Beans

analog scanning

I recently had to reinstall Mythbuntu and I'm using 10.04 with 0.24+fixes.

Before, I just did a scan on my hauppauge analog card and it just worked, but now, it doesn't seem to be picking up the channels (or at least linking to my schedules direct listing).

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500MCE 253

Basically, when I scan, it just adds a list of channels, but I can't tune to them. If I cat the device, I just get a static video file.

I also tried my HDHomerun as an analog cable scanner, but that didn't work either (maybe it doesn't work with analog anyway).

I've tried all the different QAM's, but maybe there is some option or combination I'm just not trying...it was so easy before!

I know the analog is coming in because I can tune it on my old tube tv using the same coax cable.

I'm sure I'm missing information (and terminology), so if you could help me by guiding me through to get going in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

lspci seems to show the PCI device is detected.

06:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
    06:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
    Last edited by davidstoll; May 6th, 2011 at 06:07 AM.