Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Natty Gnome 3.0 ISO

Beans

Re: Natty Gnome 3.0 ISO

It was due to evince not being upgraded too .....

If you go into synaptic and tick to upgrade evince it also sorts the problem out .....

Somewhere something is calling to upgrade evince-common and its not upgrading evince
    .... as far as I could see ......
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; May 22nd, 2011 at 04:53 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Only two seeders and 12 hours remaining

I cant wait to try this out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie03 View Post

Glad you decided to check it out.

@23dornot23d; nice looking desktop.

@grubu, you guys look to have figured it out. When I had that earlier I did a dist-upgrade and it pulled in evince.

I think currently on this system I'm using the ubuntugnometeam, gnome3-team, ricotz/testing & staging PPA's.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie03 View Post

You may do better with the 32 bit version ....... for download for time and speed.

I am currently doing a version 04 of the 64 bit and will try to make it available tonight
    taking into consideration what was said about me using autologin ..... which appears to make it difficult to run in a virtualbox.

@23dornot23d; nice looking desktop.
    Cheers ..... have downloaded a few of The Tron backgrounds now and will try to add them
    and the cairo-dock NEON look on the next build ..... which will have Auto-login on the last users
    and normal login expecting a password to be entered on the first.

If anybody spots any new Themes that may look good on this let me know and I will add them as they take up
    little space .....

I am trying to make it run just Gnome-shell and Unity and switch between the two ....
    we will see I already have this ...... but it means a lot of work and a slightly backward approach as UNITY is not running on the GNOME3 ....... it runs on 2.32 ......

Seems odd to me ..... but they will upgrade later with the repositories you mentioned
    for Gnome-shell ......
    ( its just one more choice and seeing not many people picked up on the 64 bit its a bit easier for me to try things out in this environment )

I am loving both versions by the way ..... and now swap between Gnome-Shell and UNITY
    on all of my systems ...... getting the best of both worlds so to speak .......

I keep looking for new information too on the minimal Desktop proposed ..... maybe this
    is in the new version 11.10 ...... ok all for now ...... work to do ......

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks 23dornot23d for mentioning cairo-dock, just installed it, great look.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789