Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: video capture with pinnacle dc10 tuner card

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

video capture with pinnacle dc10 tuner card

Hi i have been able to view using TVtime television viewer but there is no sound. I really want to capture so VLC is i guess whats needed to do that. VLC seems to have changed a bit and all the google searching has shown me old pages that do not reflect the VLC of today. There is nothing in VLC that reveals what brand of tv tuner i have. This is an analogue tuner but that doesn't matter as i run the cables from the tv not the antenna. The digital set top box is plugged into the tv so it controls what channels i get and not the tuner card. I have done this with my windoze machine and another old tv tuner card. That card does not work in Linux and my research led me that the Pinnacle one does. Here is one of my pages that suggest it http://www.linuxcompatible.org/compa...lus_linux.html

The other thing is too that the sound cables i have directly going card to tv now with the other tuner card in the windows machine there is an audio cable going to the sound card. From the tv tuner. If you know what i mean? So i am not sure i have this set up right. I have used so many tv tuner cards in the windoze environment but have not got one working yet in Linux. Oh maybe a hauppauge a few years back. Not sure. Anyway some advice would be appreciated :0)
    The card looks like this http://images03.olx.gr/ui/4/38/76/72...DC10-PLUS-.jpg

My machine is a AMD dual core 64 3.2ghz, 4gb ram, Asrock N68-S3 UCC, 500gb sata x 2 drives, DC10plus pinnacle tv tuner
    Last edited by rapattack1; April 25th, 2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: more info

Beans
    Distro

Re: video capture with pinnacle dc10 tuner card

Well i finally got the card to view tv but i still don't know how to capture with VLC. Would really appreciate some help :0)

Beans
    Distro

I found a good use for this tv card. I got an outdoor surveillance camera and i am using Kamoso which is a webcam app to capture video or pictures for security reasons. Works pretty well. Just would love to get zoneminder working instead as it does motion detection.
    Still would like to capture tv though but no one seems to know how. That is odd as there are so many pages on the net that say it can be done. They are just not giving enough information for me to get it done :0(

Beans
    Distro

Well Komoso is great for capturing stills but for some reason is only taking limited sized videos. Always has a bug and i report the bugs but no better.

Beans

in vlc i have a record button if i turn my cam on
    click show all controls

Beans
    Distro

Sorry i have never seen a record button in any version of vlc ever. Anyway the thing has to be set up first to know what it is capturing from etc. I can't see how to do that in this version.
    I don't know what you mean about clicking all controls?

Beans

in vlc click midea, open capture device play if you have a webcam
    my record button i can see if i just open vlc
    click view advance controls

Beans
    Distro

It.s not a webcam. Did those basic things. Need a LOT more information. Doesn't work and i have never found vlc simple that way even when i had a webcam :0(

Beans
    Distro

This is a capture of the advanced part of vlc. Can anyone pleaseeeeeeee help???? Or give me further advice on zoneminder or anything that will capture????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Well i have Motion working up to a point with my tv tuner card and camera....pity there is no one online that knows this stuff. Wish i wasn't such a beginner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast