Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.04 on an Asus 1215b?

Beans

Re: 11.04 on an Asus 1215b?

Quote Originally Posted by feed_sparky View Post
    I did not have any problems with my sound, I installed the video drivers from ATI's website and they seem to work just fine for me. Although I haven't tried the HDMI yet.

Sleep is still a no go. I gave up on it for now, I installed a Samsung 470 series SSD so it boots just as fast as it wakes up anyways, but it is still anoying...

How difficult is the hard drive replacement process? I've heard that with some Asus netbooks this is nightmare and automatically voids your warranty.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yes it does void the warranty. As you remove the screws, there is a point where there is one covered by a yellow label which warns you about voiding warranty if removed. In total there are about 22 screws you must remove to acces the harddrive. Might be worth it. I will defenitely replace mine as soon.

Beans
    Distro

Is this a bios issue or will future updats to the kernel and accompanying drivers fix this? If so has anyone tried running the latest kernel on this hardware and seeing if sleep works?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aryzing View Post
    ===Ubuntu succesfully installed===
    FINALLY got ubuntu to boot from my usb and succesfully intall. Right now I am writing form ubuntu! What i did was edit the syslinux file and changed
    Code:
    default 0
    to
    Code:
    default 1
    What this does is ask you for the boot location when the usb bots. when prompted, type "help" and then enter. wait a few seconds and ubuntu booted! hurray. I found this answer in a bug thread in launchpad, but cant remember the link.
    Please where did you find this ? i mean there is nothing like "Default 0" in the syslinux.cfg file on the USB boot key.

Actually i get the same issue when i try to boot, i'd love to understand the solution

Beans
    Distro

sorry, my bad, I meant to say PROMPT. Change the value to 1 (in other words, it will prompt from where to boot). Then type "help" and when the help screen comes up just hit enter. wait a few seconds and it will boot.

Beans

I get the same thing, again, i have the MSI U270 Netbook that is based on the same APU... i changed PROMPT to 1, tried to boot from USB 2 and 3. But i don't see how to fix.

The only alternative i have is to install inside windows, but thats not really what i would like

I check further, but if you have another solution to boot it would be great !

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

I found that post #7 was the solution for me that I explained in an earlier post here.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/617779

Sorrry I cant help you much more, as you can see, I am no expert

Beans

Ok i used : Universal USB Installer from pendrivelinux.com

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/univers...easy-as-1-2-3/

And I can boot with USB3 ! But Seems that Live doesn't work at all.

Beans
    Distro

Great news eddakilla! Happy ur part of the ubuntu experience!

Regards

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by viol8r View Post
    Noobie did you have to do anything special to get your sound to work?
    Sound worked fine after Natty install without any tweaking, but spoke too soon.
    It has now stopped working. Not sure what may have caused it to stop working, maybe an update?

removing the top silver tab fixed my trackpad issues, but broke quite a few clips in the process.
    In hindsight, the best way may be to unclip the two corners , then unclip by the keyboard then try to slide the pad up towards the keyboard.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast