Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 11.04 on an Asus 1215b?

Beans

Re: 11.04 on an Asus 1215b?

Quote Originally Posted by The Recorder View Post
    Can someone tell me the temperatures they are getting for their cpu? One message in this thread says that they're getting the same temperatures as in a Windows 7 setup. What are those temperatures? Under non-intensive use (video, internet, etc.), I'm getting between mid 50's and 60 degrees centigrade. Have no idea whether this is normal.
    Mine is all over the place depending on what I am doing and what kind of environment I am in - what I can tell you is that it shuts itself down at ~95C which sounds high but hasn't resulted in lasting damage over the 20 or so times its happened to me ( I was rendering stuff while in Thailand with no aircon ).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 on Asus 1215B (Radeon 6320). Due to the many guides out there trying to solve the AMD (or is it ATI) Suspend problem - which none of them did - I supposedly uninstalled all the proprietary driver(s) and is running the open source one again.

However, how do I know that my open source driver is definitely running optimally without messed up config files? (ie. how can I "reset" the open source driver and its config files to factory default?)

Thanks for advice.
    RYKEL™ | Google+ OR Skype Name: rykellim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi, I too am using the non-proprietary drivers. Luckily, I dont require graphics intensive applications. Now the overall experience is much more stable (on ubuntu 12.04, that is). I dont know how to reset the original configuration, but I suspect that simply disabling the proprietary drivers should be enough.

Beans

It's perfect on my Asus except for the ATI Drivers, it doesn't work, everytime I install it it gets too slow. I had to wait one minute to boot ubuntu (I don't have windows 7 installed), now I'm running Fuduntu (which has native support to ATI graphic cards) and it lasts 24 seconds.
    One good advice is to make a clean install then you install ATI through the official Catalyst drivers provided by ATI on its website. If necessary reinstall it until it works 100%.
    I haven't done so because I am loving fuduntu, but I'm having some problems with hdmi audio output, but I'm working it out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have the 1015B which is basically the same netbook with smaller screen. I have always installed ATI drivers and have never had any issues. Everything including video acceleration and HDMI works flawlessly. The only thing that doesn't work is suspend and thats a BIOS and ATI issue as suspend works like a charm on my other ASUS laptop with same ATI drivers and Ubuntu. In case you don't wish to install Ubuntu drivers, the default installation of 12.04 provides open source Radeon drivers for your system.

Beans

Exclamation Re: 11.04 on an Asus 1215b?

I am running 12.04 and I am still having the shutdown issue since I got this laptop. I think about 70% of the time it hangs on shutdown and I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds to force it to shut down. Does anyone have this problem?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415