Thread: ubuntuCE 6.0 no linbread/trivia pop-ups???

Beans

ubuntuCE 6.0 no linbread/trivia pop-ups???

in ubuntuCE 5.0 the daily scripture and trivia pop up when you log in. 6.0 doesn't do that. I'm not sure why they did away with that for the newer version, but does anybody know how to make them pop up?

This is a deal breaker for me cause I had Mint with all the Christian software, but for the life of me couldn't get the linbread and trivia to pop up when I logged in. The automatically launch box was checked, I tried putting them in the start-up files, and the cron directories, tried making a script for them. Nothing worked. That's why i wanted to download the legit Christian edition, but come to find out the latest version is the same way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: ubuntuCE 6.0 no linbread/trivia pop-ups???

Quote Originally Posted by tumelo View Post
    in ubuntuCE 5.0 the daily scripture and trivia pop up when you log in. 6.0 doesn't do that. I'm not sure why they did away with that for the newer version, but does anybody know how to make them pop up?(
    Because some people complaint that the automatic pop up is annoying. To enable it, go to
    System > Preference > Startup application

and then click add, fill up the command with linbread. Repeat the same for trivia

DK