Thread: Latex Generated PDF Corrupted

Beans

Latex Generated PDF Corrupted

Hi I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this problem before.

I'm currently writing a dissertation in latex and it is a very large file. This is done using two computers, Ubuntu and Mac. And before I "upgraded" to Ubuntu 11.04, everything worked fine but not now. My pdf generated using Ubuntu appears to always be corrupted, but it works fine on Mac, with the same files.

The command used are:
    1. latex File
    2. bibtex File
    3. latex File.tex
    4. latex File.tex
    5. dvips File.dvi
    6. epstopdf File.ps
    -- the rest are just removing not needed files.
    rm *.out
    rm *.log
    rm *.toc
    rm *.bbl
    rm *.blg
    rm *.ps
    rm *.dvi
    rm *.lof
    rm *.aux

** No error messages returned when I ran those command lines. **

pdflatex works fine though.

It might be the case of either the latex package on this Ubuntu is messed up or something in my .tex file went wrong, but that does not explain why the pdf generated by Mac is fine.

I think I might need to remove some of the latex packages and reinstall them, but I don't really want to screw everything up as I don't really know which ones to get rid of.

Does anyone know what's happening to this?

[By the way, to Ubuntu, I regretted upgrading to 11.10. It has really let me down. I've resorted to using the classic interface as the new Ubuntu Interface is quite user-unfriendly. ]
    Last edited by TammieSeo; May 4th, 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Beans

Latex Generated PDF Corrupted

Hi I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this problem before.

I'm currently writing a dissertation in latex and it is a very large file. This is done using two computers, Ubuntu and Mac. And before I "upgraded" to Ubuntu 11.04, everything worked fine but not now. My pdf generated using Ubuntu appears to always be corrupted, but it works fine on Mac, with the same files.

The command used are:
    1. latex File
    2. bibtex File
    3. latex File.tex
    4. latex File.tex
    5. dvips File.dvi
    6. epstopdf File.ps
    -- the rest are just removing not needed files.
    rm *.out
    rm *.log
    rm *.toc
    rm *.bbl
    rm *.blg
    rm *.ps
    rm *.dvi
    rm *.lof
    rm *.aux

** No error messages returned when I ran those command lines. **

pdflatex works fine though.

It might be the case of either the latex package on this Ubuntu is messed up or something in my .tex file went wrong, but that does not explain why the pdf generated by Mac is fine.

I think I might need to remove some of the latex packages and reinstall them, but I don't really want to screw everything up as I don't really know which ones to get rid of.

Does anyone know what's happening to this?

[By the way, to Ubuntu, I regretted upgrading to 11.10. It has really let me down. I've resorted to using the classic interface as the new Ubuntu Interface is quite user-unfriendly. ]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Latex Generated PDF Corrupted

Please don't create multiple threads on the same subject, I have merged your two threads.

Beans

Re: Latex Generated PDF Corrupted

Basically there's isn't an option for the delete button. I tried deleting but I just didn't know how. I'm quite new to this forum thing.