Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attachmate lays off Mono employees

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: Attachmate lays off Mono employees

Hopefully Attachemate would be will to sell the properties, don't assume they would, though.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What do you expect from a company that has made its name making UNIX/linux apps sit on windows if no other way than visually? They don't understand mono, and probably see it as the inverse or overlap of their efforts. Attachmate doesn't know what to do with a project like mono. Still, It's always horrible to see our industry constantly treated this way. Between hack and slash efforts like this, and displacing jobs to foreign countries and selling services back to a homeland, it really makes me sick what the greater total of management workforce thinks about IT at times. This is, has, and for the foreseeable future, will be a cut throat industry. Many of us who have been in the industry a while have felt this. I felt it in 2k3 as a part of a big merger/buyout. My hopes to those displaced in this action to a speedy rebound.
    Last edited by toupeiro; May 5th, 2011 at 03:28 AM.
    "Its easy to come up with new ideas, the hard part is letting go of what worked for you two years ago, but will soon be out of date." -Roger von Oech

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by unknownPoster View Post
    You must be naive to not understand what the current economy and job market is like.
    To be fair, the tech sector is booming, and tech companies are massively increasing hiring. Similarly for the finance sector.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123