Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: acer_fancontrol fix (Ubuntu 11.04 +)

Beans

Re: acer_fancontrol fix (Ubuntu 11.04 +)

thanks for help!!!!
    that worked perfectly to my 2gb ram acer !!!!

Beans

i'm a newbie....reall newbie...

at the beginning ofthe firstpost it says download the script. please can you tell me what script and where?
    thankyou

isla

Beans

i've got as far as the last couple of instructions but when i try to move the files to bin - i get this message
    cp: omitting directory `acer_fancontrol'
    ila@computeris:~/Downloads$
    ila@computeris:~/Downloads$ sudo gedit /etc/rc.local

i run the file locally and it pops up and says

#!/bin/sh -e
    #
    # rc.local
    #
    # This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
    # Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
    # value on error.
    #
    # In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
    # bits.
    #
    # By default this script does nothing.
    acer_fan control
    exit 0

as you can see i've entered the last command as instructed but i do not know what to do next. i close the file. close the terminal and nothing happens after that...not sure how this is meant to work.?

any helps would be great thanks = i started a new post but thought i might get directed here...

Beans

Just wanted to say thanks to OP, this worked for me on Acer Aspire 5315 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Cheers !

e2a: grrr, after reset fan is not working again... gotta research further...

another e2a: so, after researching further, it seems only bios update does the trick... so i installed Win, updated BIOS, reinstalled Ubuntu,
    and bingo. Fan works. Hope it helps someone.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by trickster3; June 14th, 2014 at 07:56 PM.

Beans

Depois de 2 anos de muita pesquisa e muito trabalho tentando solucionar o problema do cooler que não ligava no meu acer aspire 5315-2290 com ubuntu 12.04, finalmente foi solucionado com esse tutorial. Foi só seguir o passo a passo e funcionou corretamente. No começo eu achei que não tinha dado certo pois quando liguei o notebook, o cooler ficou desligado, mas quando estava atingindo a temperatura máxima em que ele desligava sozinho, eis que "magicamente" a ventoinha ligou sozinha. Fiquei até emocionado! Vale a pena criar a conta para se logar e baixar o arquivo.

After two years of extensive research and hard work trying to solve the problem did not care of the cooler on my acer aspire 5315-2290 with ubuntu 12.04, was finally solved with this tutorial. It was only following the step by step and it worked correctly. At first I thought it had not worked because when I turned on the notebook, the cooler was turned off, but when I was reaching the maximum temperature at which it hung up alone, behold "magically" turned the fan alone. I was so thrilled! Worth creating the account to log in and download the file.

Después de dos años de investigación y trabajo duro tratando de resolver el problema no se preocupan de la nevera en mi acer aspire 5315-2290 con ubuntu 12.04, fue finalmente resuelto con este tutorial. Sólo estaba siguiendo el paso a paso y funcionó correctamente. Al principio pensé que no había funcionado porque cuando encendí el ordenador portátil, el refrigerador estaba apagado, pero cuando estaba llegando la temperatura máxima a la que se colgó solo, he aquí "mágicamente" la vuelta al ventilador solo. Estaba tan emocionada! Creando Worth la cuenta para iniciar sesión y descargar el archivo.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345