This is my first post on this forum .
After studying some time I managed to fix the acer_fancontrol script. Now it works with Ubuntu 11.04.
It was tested on an Acer Aspire 5315 with 2 GB of RAM. This script should fix the problems with the overheating of the CPU.
You have attached the modified version of acer_fancontrol.
Here is the readme:
1) Download the script
2) Change the directory
3) Unpack the script
4) Change the directory
tar xvfz acer_fancontrol.tar.gz
5) Pick the memory size which matches your memory size(it doesn't matter if the model isn't the same).
You can use other text editors too.
The options are:
- 512 MB : delete the # from the beginning of the 77th line
- 1 GB : delete the # from the beginning of the 79th line
- 2 GB : delete the # from the beginning of the 81st line
6) Install the script
7) Make it run automatically
sudo cp acer_fancontrol /usr/bin
sudo cp mempat /usr/bin
Insert "acer_fancontrol" before the final "exit 0" (without quotes).
sudo gedit /etc/rc.local
I mention that I don't own this script. I've just edited it a little.