Thread: Does 11.4 installable on Acer Aspire One ZG5?

Beans

Does 11.4 installable on Acer Aspire One ZG5?

Hi everyone,

Does Ubuntu 11.4 can be installed on Acer Aspire One version ZG5 (with only SSD 8GB Drive)?

I've succeed on installing up to 10.4 while out of luck with trying 10.10 revert back to 10.4 ok, later two days ago I'm trying to install 11.4 by creating a USB boot image uses a USB creator program provided on Ubuntu 11.4 disc, but when boot uses that USB the boot only display a boot message on top then hang...

So I presume Acer Aspire One version ZG5 is no longer supported after Ubuntu 10.4 ? Please anyone can confirm it or what should I do to install on my old Acer Aspire One version ZG5?

Please kindly reply, thank you

Beans

Exclamation Re: Does 11.4 installable on Acer Aspire One ZG5?

Hi there,
    I'm using ubuntu 10.10 on my acer aspire zg5 for more than 7months.
    There is no problem I'm having.
    You better try with 10.10.Did you have clean installed again.
    I think it'll be work.

Beans

Re: Does 11.4 installable on Acer Aspire One ZG5?

old post but

11.10 also works out

of the box no probs

SSD version

Beans

Re: Does 11.4 installable on Acer Aspire One ZG5?

Like sljedi, I have 10.10 running on my Aspire One ZG5 with only minor problems. (I found the hardware certification at http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/make/Acer/netbooks and simply followed the directions.) Update Manager has successfully installed several updates, but I have hesitated to upgrade.

I just read the reply from retchid saying that the newest version, 11.10, works on this hardware, but I am not certain that I understood correctly.

Has anyone else tried upgrading to either 11.4 or 11.10 on this particular model?

Thanks in advance,
    Paul

Beans

Wink Re: Does 11.4 installable on Acer Aspire One ZG5?

I have successfully upgraded (online) to 11.04 and then to 11.10. No problems that I have noticed.

I have not yet tried upgrading to 12.04 LTS on the ZG5. (I do have 12.04 running on a newer laptop without problems.) I think I will try creating a bootable USB memory stick to try it before I push my luck and actually install 12.04 on the older netbook. I understand that 11.10 is supported until spring 2013, so I have a bit of time.

Cheers,
    Paul