Thread: awn-extras in 11.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

awn-extras in 11.04

I am a big fan of avant window navigator, but I'm having trouble getting it set up all the way in natty.

avant-window-navigator is in the natty repos, but there are a couple of shortcomings in the applets.
    - the digital clock applet is not included
    - the weather applet has an annoying bug (constantly announcing that there may be connectivity issues) that was fixed a long time ago

That's fine, I'll just I just install from the PPA I thought. The problem is that the applets package (awn-extras) is not in their natty repo.

Does anyone know how to get awn with the most recent applets in natty?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: awn-extras in 11.04

I just solved part of my problem. There is a package called awn-applets-all which is not installed by default. It includes the digital clock and it looks like everything else I was used to.

I guess now they just need to update awn-applet-weather and I'll be all set.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

I already tried installing the extras via that guide on http://www.webupd8.org/ - the network error article points to it. However, the packages described there are missing when I try to install them. In the software center, if I browse through the packages from that PPA, I see no packages for the extra applets. If I install all packages from there, I end up with no applets at all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

looks like it has something to do with weather.com switching their backend.. need to replace xoap with xml.. Found the solution here:
    http://blog.netflowdevelopments.com/...network-error/
    Do Daemons Dream of Electric Sleep() ?