Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Sussex (UK)
    Beans
    145
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    Since I upgraded to Ubuntu Natty, dvdFab has not recognized any DVD I insert into the drive.

    The program loads through Wine with no problems, and the disk is mounted by Ubuntu, but no dvd drives are recognized by dvdFab.

    I guess it will be a conflicting setting or something, but I would like to know if there is a solution, because my DVD player is knackered and only accepts DVD5's -not double layers any longer.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Beans
    177
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by Automat2 View Post
    Since I upgraded to Ubuntu Natty, dvdFab has not recognized any DVD I insert into the drive.

    The program loads through Wine with no problems, and the disk is mounted by Ubuntu, but no dvd drives are recognized by dvdFab.

    I guess it will be a conflicting setting or something, but I would like to know if there is a solution, because my DVD player is knackered and only accepts DVD5's -not double layers any longer.
    Did you checkout the WINE AppDB on dvdfab ?

    I guess any Windows-based decrypting program might have issues under WINE because they access the DVD ROM at a low hardware level which WINE might not emulate.
    Xubuntu 12.04 x64 // AMD E-350 (2x1.6 GHz) // 8 GB DDR3 RAM // GeForce 9500GT (1GB) with passive cooling

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    302

    Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    I also could not get it working so I just ended up running Windows 7 in Virtualbox using shared folders.

    Remember to checkbox Passthrough under Storage=>Hostdrive this allows the guest OS to pass ATAPI commands directly to the host-drive.

    I then burn the disc using K3b.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Sussex (UK)
    Beans
    145
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostborg View Post
    I also could not get it working so I just ended up running Windows 7 in Virtualbox using shared folders.

    Remember to checkbox Passthrough under Storage=>Hostdrive this allows the guest OS to pass ATAPI commands directly to the host-drive.

    I then burn the disc using K3b.
    I only have a native Ubuntu, and only use Wine to emulate this Windows software.

    Thank you, anyway.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Sussex (UK)
    Beans
    145
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerB View Post
    Did you checkout the WINE AppDB on dvdfab ?

    I guess any Windows-based decrypting program might have issues under WINE because they access the DVD ROM at a low hardware level which WINE might not emulate.
    Before I upgraded to Natty, DvdFab worked pretty well on Maverick. I has only been over the last two or three days, since the upgrade, that dvdFab has failed.

    However, how do I checkout Wine AppDB on dvdfab? I have gone through the settings menu but I haven't found it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    70

    Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    Hey,

    I had this problem as well. Seems Wine is not seeing the D: drive. Here's a link to my post that may help you out. This fixed my issue with DVDfab not seeing DVD's that were inserted.

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1744494

    Hope that helps.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Sussex (UK)
    Beans
    145
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLIT22 View Post
    Hey,

    I had this problem as well. Seems Wine is not seeing the D: drive. Here's a link to my post that may help you out. This fixed my issue with DVDfab not seeing DVD's that were inserted.

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1744494

    Hope that helps.

    Yes, it has helped. I had to do it twice, one for each drive I've got, but now it works fine.

    Thanks a lot!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    70

    Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    Nice, Glad it worked for you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Sussex (UK)
    Beans
    145
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    Now, the problem is that DVDfab does not work under Wine for Natty in the same way it used to do for Maverick.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    70

    Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

    Actually I'm not quite sure what the issue is. I have two PC's set up both with Maverick. One install saw the DVD's in DVDFab just fine and the other is the one I had issues with. Both PC's were set up the same software-wise.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •