Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP - Laptop won't boot!!

Beans

HELP - Laptop won't boot!!

Hello, My HP Pavilion laptop will not boot. I just got up this morning, turn on the computer, and the only thing I get is the boot screen, the Ubuntu logo on the purple background, and that is it.
    I installed 11.04 Natty a few weeks ago, when it was released. I don't know what other info to give you. The computer acts normally and just can't seem to get past the boot.

Please help, I have so much stuff in this laptop.

Beans

Re: HELP - Laptop won't boot!!

Maybe you installed or removed soem things before turning off or rebooting (i ****** uped like that few times)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Next time you boot, hold down one of the SHIFT keys. That will force the display of the GRUB menu. Then, select the line that has Recovery Mode. Once that boots, select the option to Repair Broken Packages. If that completes OK, enter "startx" on the command line and you should see a desktop again.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

I don't recall removing or installing anything. One thing I did was disconnect my other monitor in order to pack it since I am moving. That is it. Also, i tried the GRUB menu and tried to run the recovery mode and can't get to make it work either. I tried running with last kernel but last kernel is not loaded, recovery mode just throws me into this MS-DOS like work space, asks for my login and password, and then nothing, graphic failsafe mode won't do the trick either. Help!!!

Beans

it is not MS-DOS but try marks sollution

Beans

The Repair Broken Packages is not doing it either. I get the message it is unable to fetch some packages, then throws me into the GRUB menu again.

Beans

i am newby but this can be solved

Beans

When I try to run failsafe mode, I see that the system is disconnected from bus, does that tell you something?

Beans

i would be happy to help that says nothing me
    once i had a problem like that and i reinstalled my ubuntu but lost nothing even my desktop icon were restored

Beans

Maytbe that's what I need to do...never had this problem before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast