Thread: I don't like new ubuntu 11 menu - how to disable

Beans

Exclamation I don't like new ubuntu 11 menu - how to disable

Hi all,
    today I've upgraded to ubuntu 11 and the first thing I don't like is the gnome menu. First : it crashes a lot!
    Second: the <super> key is globally binded to that menu. How can I disable that?
    I like to use <super+space> combination for GNOME-DO. But currently I can't.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: I don't like new ubuntu 11 menu - how to disable

Do you mean Gnome or Unity?

If you mean Unity just log out and when you log back in there id an option to go to Ubuntu Classic. choose that to make it look normal.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by scottykal12 View Post
    Do you mean Gnome or Unity?

If you mean Unity just log out and when you log back in there id an option to go to Ubuntu Classic. choose that to make it look normal.
    That option will appear midway across the bottom bar of the login screen after youselect a user / as the password dialog box appears...

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

but I don't wanna disable all new features. Just the binding to the super key. I like the bar, and some new things...
    how to unbind keyboard super key to menu launch